29

Words will never be enough to express my gratitude towards Brent and Dana. They never left my side and they always respect my decision. Especially Brent who doesn't  like my choices, most of the time.

Silang dalawa ang nagproseso ng kaso ni Matty. Brent also pulled some strings to keep the case private because I didn't want to worry my parents.

"You can't keep this a secret forever, Vienne." He said.

"I'm not planning to." I said. "I'll them when I'm ready."

I almost cried when Matty was sentenced guilty for harassing me. My lawyer was able to find evidences that supports the accusation. He was sentenced to be imprisoned for six months.

Six months.

Because it wasn't rape.

Being sexually harassed traumatize just as hard as being raped. How cruel it is to live in a world where offenders are only punished for months or years while the victims suffer for the rest of their lives.

"Gusto mo ng tubig?" Nilingon ko si Dana na may hawak na mineral water.

Dana has the same personality as me. She's not a good conversationalist. She's quiet and she always think first before speaking. Unlike Brent who speaks his mind so much.

One more thing about her, she really distance herself from people. She always prefer to be left alone, in Brent's car. It seemed like she doesn't want to be seen by anyone. The reason why is not my business anymore.

"Okay lang ako." I politely declined.

"Yung boyfriend mo, nasa hearing kanina."

Napatigil ako nang marinig 'yon. Mapait akong napangiti.

I don't think he's still my boyfriend.

It's been a week ever since Cole and I talked. Hindi na ako lumabas ng kwarto hanggang sa makaalis siya noong gabi na 'yon.

Since then, both of us didn't try to contact each other anymore. He probably got so busy compiling his final requirements and I was busy collecting my shattered pieces. I was busy surviving hell.

Everyday felt like hell.

I can feel Matty all over me. I am consumed with fear, every single day. I couldn't sleep because I didn't want to dream about it.

I always do.

And when I wake up, the thought of Cole will hit and I will start crying. That has been my routine for the past days.

"H-How did he---"

"Sinabi ng kaibigan mo." Putol niya sa tanong ko sabay tingin sa kusina. "Baka nga maya-maya, nandito na 'yon para kausapin ka." She added.

They decided to eat lunch with me at my unit. Dana and I were seated on my living room's floor because Brent insisted to cook.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Dana no'ng may kumatok nga sa pinto ng unit ko.

It was a surprise that my heart didn't hurt because of his presence.

I guess I got tired.

I got tired of hurting.

I got drained.

"Kakausapin mo ba o paaalisin ni Brent?" Her question made me smile.

Parang siya yung boss sa kanila ni Brent.

"Mas kalmado siya kaysa sa akin." Maikling paliwanag niya.