11. highschool sweetheart

narrator's pov.

so you broke the bones in your wrist and have to wear a cast for the next four weeks.

not only that, but when you got back to home to atsumu's, they wouldn't leave you alone.

"y/nnnn!"

"'tsumu, go away!"

"y/n, are you still mad?" he knocked, "y/n."

you groaned, "if i say no, will you go away?"

"do you mean it?" he asked.

"no," you replied.

he banged his head against the wall gently and made a weird whining noise.

"y/n," bokuto knocked next to atsumu's head. "y/n, are you mad?"

you covered your head in your pillow and fought the urge to scream. bokuto opened the door and atsumu fell face first onto the floor.

"i'm sorry," bokuto sat next to you. "it's 'tsumu's fault," he whispered.

"i can hear you," atsumu sat down on the other side of your bed.

"i don't even remember what happened besides the fact that i was mad at you and i somehow broke my wrist at sakusa's."

"see! so you can't be mad because you don't know what happened," atsumu tapped his temple like he was a genius.

you glared at him, "if i was mad, it's obviously for a reason."

"but we love you," he lied down beside you.

"yeah, we love you," bokuto lied down on the other side.

you looked between the two of them, then down at your cast, "same to you guys, i guess, but this is weird."

"it's only weird if you make it weird," atsumu said.

"...get out of my bed, boy," you shoved him over the side.

4pm.

you checked your phone which you hadn't even turned on since kiyoomi rushed you to the hospital.

"shit," you muttered as you noticed 5 missed calls.

opening your contacts, it was apparent that they were all from your ex. you smacked your hand over your mouth, suspecting that you'd drunk called him. you checked your message history and there were no new messages that you could've sent last night.

you worked up the courage to call him, hoping you didn't say anything embarrassing.

"hello?"

"y/n, are you alright?" he asked.

"yeah, yes, i'm alright. did i happen to say anything to you last night? i saw that you called."

"sorry about that, how's your wrist?"

"oh, i told you about that?"

he realised you must not have remembered anything that happened, "you asked me to take you to the hospital."

"in the early hours of the morning?"

"you said your wrist hurt, then you told me you were safe and hung up. i was just calling to check on you because you never called back," he explained.

keiji was the kindest (ex) boyfriend you ever had - also the only boyfriend you ever had. he was your highschool sweetheart, which you unfortunately broke up with when you went to college.

he figured that the workload for both of you would be too much to keep up with as well as maintaining a good relationship. he wanted to end on good terms rather than waiting it out, ending the relationship, and possibly never being able to be friends again. keiji loved you too much to do that to you.

"oh," you brought your knees up to your chest. "thank you, that's very sweet. i'm doing alright, i kinda shattered the bone but it'll be good in a few months."

"shit, how'd you do that?" he leaned back in his desk chair. he was still at work, but he would always make time for important personal calls.

"fell on it when i got out of the shower," you told him.

"drunk?"

"yup."

"figured. you're way to careful to ever do anything like that sober," he said.

"i do plenty of careless things sober, thank you," you scoffed.

"yeah? like when you used to get home a minute past curfew?"

"oh 100%, i'm a real rule-breaker like that," you joked.

he took out his pen and began tapping it on his desk for no apparent reason. all i'm saying is that it was hot.

"be careful, 'tsumu might kick you out if you break curfew."

"oh so you heard?" you questioned, referring to you moving into atsumu's place.

he smiled, thinking about a small charm on your bag that he saw sitting near the front door, "i was dropping something off to bokuto and he told me you moved in."

"'tsumu said it was just for the break, but i'm sure he's gonna convince me to stay there for like... ever," you rolled your eyes.

"i just moved into my own place before bokuto had to get the house fumigated," he told you, "not only did he not flea the fucking cat, but there were termites, y/n, termites."

"well, he's moving out again in a few days. i'm a little mad at him but i'm gonna miss it," you said.

"you're gonna miss me??" bokuto came up behind the couch, scaring you.

"WHY ARE YOU SNEAKING UP ON ME?" you jumped.

"I WASN'T SNEAKING UP ON YOU," he yelled.

"jesus, bo," you breathed heavily clutching your chest. "anyway, i'm sure you're busy," you turned back to your phone.

koutarou raised an eyebrow at your conversation. was it your mom or dad? maybe one of your best friends?

"never too busy to answer your calls," he laughed softly, rubbing his tired eyes under his glasses. staring at a screen all day definitely didn't help his vision.

he could hear the voice through your phone, realising that you were talking to his best friend. this may be information relative to atsumu's plan.

"you still at work?" you asked.

"getting home soon," he replied. "you busy?"

"bored, actually."

"how do you feel about going out to eat tonight?"

"yeah?"

"yeah, on me."

you heard the ding of a notification just as you were about to reply with an enthusiastic yes.

sakusa
hey
this is y/n right?

"y/n?" keiji called.

"oh, yes, sounds like a date- i mean plan."

bokuto tip-toed out of the room and to the backyard to go and find atsumu while you finished up your conversation with akaashi.

he let out a small chuckle, "alright, y/n. i'll pick you up at 7?"

"7 sounds good."

author's note - lightly edited
i'm not gonna make this easy on y'all 💕