16. we're all... and you're...

narrator's pov.

"'tsumu, can you get me a glass of water please?" you called from the pool. he had gotten out to find something to eat from inside the house.

"no, drink the pool water or somethin'," he yelled. he was feeling lazy.

"miya!" you groaned.

"fine!" he reluctantly agreed.

"anyway, how's living on your own been, kou?" you asked.

"shitty, i'm always bored."

you rested your arms over the side of the pool, "i'd happily move in with you."

"i wish you would, my house is kinda scary to be honest."

"i'll move in with you," shoyo offered. he really meant it because they had the best bromance. "like i'll sell my house and live with you."

"wait really?" koutarou asked.

"yeah, seriously," shoyo nodded.

"i don't get how people like living with others," kiyoomi grimaced. he wasn't in the pool, he was sitting on a chair off to the side.

you hummed in thought, turning your head away from the sun to face him, "i guess it's probably just the loneliness of it all. personally, i've never really had that problem."

you glared at atsumu walking back outside with your bottle.

"neither," atsumu shrugged.

"you never get lonely because you're always doing something," you rolled your eyes, catching the water bottle as he threw it.

"or someone," rintarou remarked.

"suna, i'm a changed man."

the five of you burst out laughing at atsumu, who chose to ignore you and start splashing the pool water in your faces. kiyoomi ran onto the grass, trying not to get hit by it.

"do you remember when we used to play chicken in high school?" koutarou brought up.

"shit, yes. i was always on keiji's shoulders, kaori was on konoha's and yukie was on yours."

he gasped, "we should do it again, like right now!"

"there's not enough of us," shoyo noticed.

atsumu looked up at kiyoomi expectantly.

"fuck no."

"it'll be fun."

kiyoomi furrowed his brows, more confused than mad, "what part of 'fuck no' don't you get?"

"we need six people!"

he looked to you, who simply shrugged, then he sighed, "when was the last time you cleaned the pool, miya?"

"like, this morning, i swear!"

"i can vouch for him, i heard him swearing out here about the leaves," you admitted.

rintarou lifted his arms off of the pool's edge, "if there's one thing about 'tsumu, he'll always have a clean pool."

kiyoomi rolled his eyes, pulling off his shirt before jumping in.

shoyo looked around, "wait, so who's on who?"

"me and you," koutarou grabbed his arm.

"I'M WITH SUNA," atsumu yanked the middle blocker's arm.

"i don't want your dick on my neck, weirdo," rintarou furrowed his brows.

"you're weird for thinking about that," atsumu yelled.

"'tsumu, why don't i go with rin and you go with sakusa?" you suggested.

"NO."

rintarou pulled his arm from the fake blond's grip, "yes."

"this is stupid," kiyoomi muttered.

"shut the fuck up and crouch," atsumu pushed his head down into the water.

"no, no, fuck off," you laughed, pushing atsumu away.

"WAIT," he held onto your shoulders, "DON'T, PLEASE."

shoyo came crashing down over his arms and they both fell into the pool.

you pushed off of rintarou so that you were on his back rather than his shoulders, and you let him hold your hand that was draped around his neck, "what's the score again?"

"six to us, null... everyone else?" he replied cockily.

"seven to you," koutarou wiped his eyes that the chlorinated water was getting into, "ow."

"are we done now?" kiyoomi asked.

"no, switch partners. one more round to make it fair," atsumu demanded. "i'm with kou' since sunarin fucking hates me."

"that means i'm with suna?" shoyo raised an eyebrow.

"and y/n is with omi, easy," atsumu grinned.

"oh, i don't think he wants to play anymore," you said, looking back at him.

"just one more round?" atsumu pleaded. you didn't know what he was trying to do, but he was definitely not as slick like he thought he was.

"okay," kiyoomi agreed.

atsumu smiled, "see! play now."

"oh, okay, go down," you tapped kiyoomi's bicep.

he held his breath, lowering himself into the water for you to get onto his shoulders.

you immediately started toppling when he began standing back up, so he held his hands out to you. leaning over, you took a hold of them and gasped.

"are you alright?" he looked up.

"yeah, good," you answered, rebalancing yourself.

"let's fucking go bro," shoyo motioned for you and atsumu, "we're gonna win this time, i have the best player."

"dude, we're gonna knock you the fuck out," atsumu confidently retorted.

you narrowed your eyes at him, sending a quick look to shoyo. "everyone on 'tsumu and kou'?" you peered down at rintarou and kiyoomi.

and just like that, the two stood no chance. they immediately got pushed into the pool, meaning that it was a team of two professional volleyball players, against one professional volleyball player and a med student.

"CRAMP," you yelled, holding your arm out to shoyo to stop him, "uh, period... cramp?"

"HUH?" shoyo and kiyoomi widened their eyes at you.

"but you're not on your-" atsumu interrupted.

you shoved shoyo's shoulder and he fell back, causing a loud, and very large splash.

"CHEATS," he coughed, resurfacing quickly.

"you played dirty," rintarou shook his head, "doesn't count."

"i will be the judge of that," atsumu insisted. "my verdict is... y/n and omi wins."

"BIASED," shoyo complained.

rintarou agreed, "definitely favouritism."

"untrue, this is a strategic play," he argued. "would i rather have y/n yelling at me and calling bias, or you two?"

"wait, so you don't think we actually deserve that win?" you scowled.

"i did not say that," he swam away. "opposite, you're surprisingly strong."

"what do you mean surprisingly??"

"no! no! because we're all... and you're..."

"just stop, you're gonna make it worse," kiyoomi shook his head.

author's note
y/n is literally alejandro in total drama world tour idc