25. what drama? (flashback)

narrator's pov.
a few months ago.

right, let me catch you up on what you missed.

it may or may not have been the tenth time that you had been in kiyoomi's bed just that week.

it also may or may not have been the tenth drink-related event that week. i think you can connect the dots.

"what's with you and that guy?"

"what guy?" you asked, voice half-muffled in his pillow.

"that... guy, you know, at school," he crossed his arms. he was lying back staring up at the ceiling in thought.

you struggled not to burst out laughing, but a small giggle slipped out, "who, shirabu?"

"yeah, him," he glanced over, confused as to why you looked like you were suffocating.

"he's my friend at school, what about him?" you sat up, "are you jealous or something?"

"i'm not."

"then why are you asking?"

"i see him a lot," he replied monotonously, "around. on your stories. whatever."

you smiled slyly, "you don't follow me, sakusa."

"you're public."

"oh so you're stalking me now,"

"i do, sometimes," he replied bluntly. this man had no shame.

you sat up, "can i ask you something?"

he side-eyed you, "yeah, ask whatever."

"why do you only talk to me when we're drinking?"

"i don't know. confidence probably."

"atsumu used to do that, before we starting fucking," you told him, playing with the end of his sheets.

"and what does atsumu have to do with me?"

"you're into me."

"i am."

"then why have you been treating me like i don't exist when we're in public? you're acting different," you said.

he sighed, "my PR team doesn't want me around you. they think it's bad press because of all the drama you've been in."

you paused, dropping the sheet. it was starting to sound like he was believing the shit they were saying about you. "what drama, sakusa?"

kiyoomi didn't think anything of it. "what drama? are you seriously asking?"

"it's not drama, it's other people messing in my life and you know that."

"no offence y/n, but i kind of care more about my career than about you."

it wasn't like you didn't understand, he just could've said it in another way. it wasn't like kiyoomi to spare people's feelings but still, you weren't just anyone.

"okay," is all you could think to reply. "i think i'll go now."

"was that rude?"

"no, i appreciate the honesty."

"i didn't mean to be rude, you know that."

"i don't, but it's cool."

"get home safe?"

"yup," you replied, picking up what was left of your stuff next to the bed.

you didn't know who else to call but the one person who you knew wouldn't judge you no matter what had happened - the one who you felt still stuck with you and believed what you said.

"'tsumu?" you whispered, trying not to make too much noise as you stepped out of kiyoomi's front door.

he could tell you were upset, "yeah?"

"sorry can you pick me up? i'm at-"

"yeah, y/n, i know where you are. i'll be there in five."