Nyrx

3rd person Pov:

"Go! Aaarrrggghhh, get everyone out of here now."

"Why?" He asked, confused.

"There's an attack on the Heartstone. I can't leave it alone. I have to figure out what it is, but they somehow breached through the vault."

His eyes widened in understanding and shock, and immediately ran out of the room to evacuate everyone. Jim ran out to Juliet's room and burst in to see her laying on the floor, tossing a ball back and forth.

"Jule, go with Aaarrrggghh and evacuate Trollmarket."

"What's happening?"

"It's fine." He lied. He knew it was much worse. "It's probably a false alarm, but it's just to make sure."

She got up and followed him out. They had already shut the one-way entrance and exit, trapping them inside. Jim let out a sharp exhale, grabbing Juliet's hand and running to the Heartstone. What they saw when they arrived was unimaginable.

The stones were collapsing in on each other and the crystals had accumulated in messy piles on the stone ground. Jim tightened his grip on Juliet's hand. He pulled out his phone and handed it to her.

"Call your mother. Tell her we have a problem."

He locked her in the gate controls room and ran off, leaving her terrified of what was happening.

Jim sprinted to see a strange figure standing next to the Heartstone. "Get away from it." He threatened, pulling Excalibur out.

The blurry figure turned around and smiled a smile as clear as day.

"I'm not here to cause any trouble. I'm Nyrx." She said, kicking rocks while walking towards Jim. "I'm just here to collect something."

"How did you get through the vault?" Jim asked, ignoring her.

"That's not very important. What is though, is that you come with me quietly."

"Why would I do that?"

Nyrx put a hand on her head and groaned.

"It's always with you protectors, guardians, whatever you call yourselves. So stubborn." She looked back up and gave Jim an evil smile. "I guess we're doing this the hard way, aren't we?"

Jim held up Excalibur, defending the Heartstone.

"Oh! Do you think I'm after that useless rock? No, no. I'm after you."

Jim gulped and shakily kept Excalibur up. Nyrx disappeared into a blur and appeared next to him. Jim swung Excalibur, but failed at hitting her as she easily grabbed it from him and tossed it onto the ground. Jim had no time to react, as She locked his hands behind his back. He let out a yell from the sharp, sudden pain the action had caused.

"You're going to help me fix this messed up world."

"What makes you say that?" Jim asked.

Nyrx tilted her head, confused. He let out a sarcastic laugh and let his head hang low.

"I'll just do the same thing I did the last five times."

"What?"

_____________________________________

Juliet held the phone to her ear and waited for her mother to pick up.

"Jim?"

"M-mom."

"Juliet? Why do you have-?"

"Mom! Come quick. I don't know what's happening."

She didn't respond after that and instead popped out a portal next to Juliet.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

Juliet clung to her mother as a loud collision rumbled the walls. Claire rushed out and tried to teleport to Jim, but failed.

"Jim!" She yelled, running.

Juliet stayed frozen in place clutching the necklace made of Heartstone she had gotten for her birthday. Claire came to a stop at the sight of blood. It looked like someone had dragged a bleeding person across the center. She started panicking and running towards the source of the red substance.

"Please don't be what I think it is." She hoped.

But then it stopped. All of the chaos stopped. The rumbling had ceased, the crystals had stopped falling, and worse of all, the trail had stopped. Claire tried teleporting to Jim again but to no avail. It was like he didn't exist, like he was dead.

Juliet walked out to see her mother staring at the ground and her hand in shock.

"I was too late." She whispered. "He's gone."

Word count: 654

***I know, I'm evil :) Also, PlOt tWiSt (I think)***