Castle

***Two chapters because I was on an unannounced hiatus :) I wrote this in thirty minutes for y'all.***

3rd person Pov (Location unknown):

The birds chirped loudly as the sun rose from its slumber. The castle has started to slowly stir from it's own sleep.

A person began banging a wooden rod against a metal bell, "Wake up!"

Merlin strode through the halls to Hisirdoux's room to drag him out to milk the Sloor.

"Who taught you to sleep till late?" Merlin asked a sleepy Douxie who immediately became confused.

"Sorry..." He mumbled.

He got up and walked outside to Jim's room.

"Ah-! Where do you think you're going?" Merlin asked him.

"I need to wake up James as well."

"Then carry on, but I need you by eight."

He nodded weakly as his master had left him to his morning jobs. He knocked a few times on the door across from his.

"Jim, was it? You need to get up now."

The door slowly creaked open to reveal a young, dark-haired, blue-eyed boy. He looked like he had been up for quite some time and had been waiting for Douxie.

"I'll be out in a second."

"Boy!" A voice boomed from a distance.

"Oh no." Jim whispered under his breath. "I'm coming out now!" He yelled out.

Footsteps retreated from him and he sighed in relief. Douxie gave him a confused look and ran off to Merlin who had been awaiting his arrival. Jim slowly came out of his room, cautious of every little creak in the castle. The stone had started to degrade, adding to the old, ancient look of the walls.

Jim yelped as he almost fell while walking. He looked back to see the invisible chains holding him back had gotten snagged on something. He let out a groan and carefully walked back to untangle them. He gripped one of them in his hands, trying not to scream out in anger.

"Why can't anyone else see how messed up this place is?"

"Because they don't have corrupted souls like yours." A voice said.

Jim quickly turned around to see Nyrx sitting on the wooden dresser next to his bed. She softly landed on the ground, picked up his chains, and tossed them to his open arms.

"When I get out of here and restart this timeline, you're dead." He threatened.

Nyrx let out a small cackle.

"You know that girl, Claire? She'll be joining you all soon. Better prepare for her arrival."

"Leave her alone."

"It's too late. I've already sent out a letter to her asking to meet in the middle of the woods for information."

"That's clearly a trap. She won't do it."

"Her senses are clouded by grief, meaning she's making irrational decisions. Now, go to Arthur and be a good knight in training."

Jim scowled at her as she flashed out of the room. He stared at the floor in defeat, knowing he couldn't do anything to stop Nyrx from getting her hands on Claire.

"I wish everything would just go back to the way it was."

"Actually..." Nyrx started, walking into the room. "Why don't you retrieve her?"

"Why would I do that for you?"

"Because," As she started, Jim felt a sudden, sharp pain near where he had been stabbed with the corruption shard. "You don't have a choice."