Snowy day (Finished)

***Think of it as your Christmas eve present, then the rest will be posted tomorrow on Christmas :D I think I'm going to be writing a little bit of backstory before starting the actual story :) So, no more hiatus! (Scratch that- I'll still be going on hiatus. I'm tired :,)***

(I used to live in New Jersey and nobody tells you about the ducks there lol. Side note: They're in their late 20's; practically 30, so don't worry.)

3rd person Pov:

It's Christmas Eve in New Jersey. The trees are topped with crystal snow and the ground is covered in white blankets of frozen ice. Stores are closing for the upcoming holiday and new year.

In a small house, far away from the center of action in Hoboken, New Jersey, were people having a reunion after a very long time.

"Toby!" Jim exclaimed, seeing him get out of the Gyre.

"Jim, it's really you!" Toby yelled, running to him.

Darcy rolled her eyes and sped past the two friends.

"For the record, you two haven't seen each other for a month."

They both ignored her and continued to live in their childish glee. She walked inside to find Claire and Douxie playing an intense game of cards. Blinky and Aaarrrggghhh were inspecting the objects they found lying around, trying to find their uses.

"Darce!" Claire yelled, jumping up when she saw her friend.

"Claire! How are you doing in the cold?"

"I started hating it a while ago." She responded, walking toward her friend.

"We're in the middle of a game!"

Claire ignored him and walked off to catch up with her friend. Douxie threw the cards on the table, tilting his head back and closing his eyes.

"Is this a game where we watch Douxie ruin his sanity?" A voice asked.

He quickly perked up to see Zoe flipping through the untouched deck of cards. She caught his eye and gave him a small wave.

"Did you forget I was coming too?"

"Of course not."

"He forgot." Archie said, popping out of nowhere.

"Arch!"

Archie quickly turned into his dragon form and flew away before Douxie could say anything. Zoe plopped herself on the couch next to Douxie.

"I'm tired. I think I have jetlag."

"Didn't you come here on a gyre?"

"Time difference, I guess."

She let her head droop onto his shoulder and closed her eyes. The front door slammed shut, letting a cold breeze fill the house before dissipating.

"Since we've all gathered here together after a long time, what do you all want to do?"

"Sleep." Claire and Zoe replied at the same time.

"You all are so boring sometimes."

"Not all of us can easily go to a magical realm with trolls who constantly like having fun."

"She is right, Jim. Humans simply cannot keep up with trolls when it comes to enthusiasm." Blinky added.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Darcy asked, slightly offended.

"Oh no." Aaarrrggghhh grumbled.

"Well, I am simply saying that sometimes, humans are, what is the word? Boring."