Letters --Part 2--

***May include sensitive topics!!! (Idk I've never done this before :,)***

7 years later, Juliet is 16:

My life has pretty much been in ruins after that. My dad was never found in or out of Trollmarket. My mom and Douxie went out to try and find him. Only mom returned.

____________________________________________

"Claire, we'll find him. Don't worry." Douxie assured her.

She nodded and looked towards the far distance to see a figure standing.

"Hey! I found-" She whipped around to tell Douxie but didn't find him.

"Douxie?" She called. "Where'd you go?"

She saw his staff laying on the ground, with no Douxie nearby.

"No!" She yelled, picking it up. "Don't abandon me too. Please..."

____________________________________________

I walked down the stairs to find mom with my grandparents, both of them whispering something in her ears. I strolled over to them and popped into the conversation.

"Jule! I didn't know you were already awake." Grandpa said, surprised to see me awake this early.

"Why wouldn't I wake up early this week? It is when-"

"Ah-! Don't say it." My grandma warned, setting the glass container she was holding on the counter.

My other grandmother; my dad's mother, was sitting on the couch. She looked like she was blanking out and was probably questioning what she could have done to prevent her son's death. It was the week where three people died and disappeared. My father, a person whom I considered my uncle, and my unborn baby brother.

Now, we have a tradition that at the beginning of the tragic week, we would all meet up and write letters in case they ever came back. It's a stupid tradition, but my mother loves it, so I do it for her.

I placed my letter in front of her and she stared at it blankly.

"Is this..?"

"Yeah. Can I go to Toby's house?" I asked. I wanted to add, "There's too much tension in here."

"Sure." She responded, emotionlessly.

I couldn't blame her. It was a horrible week for all of us. Trollmarket is in ruins and the trolls have all split up into multiple divisions. It's rare to see any trolls anymore.

I quickly got out of the house and ran over to Toby's house. What I saw waiting outside was horrifying.

By Deya- Not him again.

Claire's Pov:

"If you want information, meet me in the woods." Very reassuring.

I had found a letter in my drawer with that very message, along with a location. Barbara had moved next to me from her position on the couch.

"What are you so deep in thought about? You have to stop stressing over what happened!" Mom said. "You couldn't do anything, so don't feel guilty. It's been six years, mija."

"When are my grandparents coming?" I asked, trying to change the conversation.

"Claire, you don't have to avoid the topic-"

"I need to clear my head." I interjected. "I'll be back in an hour."

I walked out the open front door without another word.

Six years ago (Juliette's pov):

I sat on the dewy grass, staring blankly at the memorial in-front of me. Since they were never found, we just replaced them with their pictures. Pictures. What a depressing replacement.

I saw a boy sobbing and furiously wiping his eyes as if his sadness would disappear. My feet dragged themselves over to him and plopped myself down. He stared at me wide-eyed and confused.

"Who are you?"

"Juliette Lake. What about you?"

"I was Douxie's apprentice, Alpheus Casperan. He took me in when I was a baby."

"Do you know magic?" I asked, trying to lift the mood.

"A little." He said, sniffing up the dripping liquid. "Aren't you upset about your dad?"

I didn't respond and just stared off into the distant fog. The clouds above roared with thunder. Mom let out a final staggered breath and called out, "Juliette, it's time to go."

"See you later, wizard."

"But I'm not-"

I waved him off without looking back for his reaction.

***Sorry for being so inactive! I just wanted to enjoy my break, so I decided to take a small break. I also couldn't figure out how to write this chapter, making it take way longer. I'm gonna add a lot more stuff that's going to be way different from the last book (Writing style I mean. I'm gonna add more stuff.) Sorry again :,)***