Things I've seen

Claire's Pov:

It's been a long time since I even set foot into the forest. This place brings back memories I don't exactly love.

Even if this letter is a trap, I have to go see it anyway. Just in case.

In the distance, I saw a figure standing. I squinted to try and see what it was.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Mom?"

Mom?

I saw Juliet run toward me, panting with Douxie's old apprentice not far behind.

"It's not real!" Juliet yelled at me.

"You don't think I know that?"

Jim's Pov:

This is my 256th regression. Probably the worst one. I liked it better when I was stuck in the 1500's with pirates.

"Are you done sulking? Because they left. They figured it out." Nyrx said.

"Good for them."

She groaned and grabbed the little twig I had been playing around with, out of my hands. She threw it across the room and left.

"That was unnecessary."

At least I bought myself a bit more time to get out of here.

In the 1200's, Regression 3:

I jerked off the ground of the forest and scrambled to my feet. I held my head with my hands, hoping it would stop the pain.

"I swear I just died. What happened?" I muttered. "The last thing I remember is that Nyrx person and the others- What is happening?"

I heard the sounds of horses coming toward me. I frantically looked around and decided to run in a random direction. The sounds got closer no matter what path I took.

They're chasing me!

An inconvenient tree root was placed right under my foot. It snagged on my shoes and pulled me down, making me faceplant into the ground. The horses stopped right next to me and a person got down from them.

"Why do you run, boy? These woods are no place for you."

Arthur? As in, the Arthur who tried to kill me once?

I quickly hopped off the ground and looked at all of them. Once I got up, they looked at me observingly.

"Don't you know this is the wild wood? Had we not been careful to follow you, you may as well have been food for the beasts."

"Yes... I ran because I thought you were a-" I stopped myself.

"Finish."

"A troll."

It was at this moment I realized that they had been hauling what looked like jail cells with them. I peeked over to look at them, but was immediately stopped.

"That was a troll we found with it's human companions. Strange, isn't it?"

Wait what?

"Can I see them?"

"This is a brave one. Let him through." Sir Lancelot said from next to the cell.

I will never, ever, get over how much he looks like Steve.

I heard a high-pitched yell which sounded oddly familiar. Almost like...

"Steve?!" I exclaimed, running around to the other side.

I saw Steve and Claire with Douxie. They looked at me with their mouths hung open. I heard shuffling inside the cell and I peeked inside to see...

"Is that me?"

"What- How are you here?" Douxie asked.

"Do you know him?" A knight asked.

"He's me." He- Past me said from the cell. "We're the same person."

Present:

"I miss those days. I just can't seem to get past this situation. The next moon won't appear for almost two weeks, meaning they only have a little time to find me."

But, it's not like I'm going to sit here, waiting for the day they finally get rid of me.

"I'm going to get out of here. No matter what it takes."

***I tried :,) I'm just kinda losing interest in this story. I want to do what I imagined, but y'all probably won't like it, so- Here I am. Doing whatever this is. I like the storyline. I just want to do what I imagined. The problem is, Jim is wayyyy out of character. So-***