Assimilate me

Assimilate: take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully:

***It should get relatively faster-paced from here. Also, I imagined their future life much differently than most books I've read (I don't know why). But, for some context, basically everyone knows who they are.***

3rd person POV:

Jim stepped out the door at around seven o'clock pm. A rather odd time to be out and about for work.

Claire at eight am.

Toby at one pm.

They all had rather complicated lives. After attempting to dedicate their lives to normality, they soon realized it would never work. They were too recognizable.

"Hey Tobes, aren't you supposed to visit your nana today?"

As soon as he finished getting ready, Toby came running down the stairs. He looked like he had tried to put himself together while running. Jim held out a paper bag, which Toby grabbed easily. He quickly opened it, peeking inside the bag.

"Thanks, Jimbo!" He said, running out the door.

"Don't lose it!"

"What are you, his dad?" A voice came.

Jim spun around to see Steve, rummaging through the cabinets in the kitchen. He groaned and slapped Steve's hand away.

"What do you want?"

"Food, obviously. Why else would I be here?" He said, continuing to look through the cupboards.

"When are you going back to Akiridion-5?"

"When they finish renovating."

"Which is..?"

"Next year."

Jim gave himself a facepalm as Steve waltzed out of the kitchen, holding an entire bag of bread. He made his way to the door where Krel had been waiting for him.

"What's that?" Krel asked.

"It's bread."

He scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"I don't like the color-" The sound of his voice got cut off by the door slamming shut.

"Thank god they left."

He gave the clock a quick glance. It was only 1:34. Jim had gotten used to being alone during the day, but he didn't like it. Going to Trollmarket during daytime would be disastrous. Everyone would be asking him to do something around the city.

"I guess I'll just sit here and be bored."

Jim's POV:

Who knew trying to keep trolls on a budget would be so hard?

Last year, all the trolls in Trollmarket had been excessively trying to buy human things. The effects of it were long-lasting. After the whole incident in New York, we couldn't hide the secret anymore. No lie would be believable. We had ended up telling the whole world about trolls and unsurprisingly, there were mixed feelings.

I had been trying to get Trollmarket recognized as a country, but it's harder than it seems. When you try to introduce something new after centuries, people tend to take sides on the issue.

My phone rang, dragging me out of my thoughts. I scrambled to pick it up. It was mom.

"Jim! It's been so long. I haven't been able to see you for months."

"Me too. It's not like I'm having the best time of my life here."

"When are you coming back to California?" She asked, eagerly.

"Eventually."

"Jim, you say that everytime I ask." A crying noise interrupted her, "Some of the children woke up. I'll call you later, ok? You better pick up."

"Ok, ok." I said, laughing, "Go take care of them."

The call ended there and I watched the phone in silence. It's not like I supported it or anything. I'll admit, deep down, I'm still not the biggest fan of Strickler. But after what he tried to do in Greenland showed her was a good guy. Thankfully, I was able to get him out before anything tragic happened.

On that note, I should be checking in on the Kronosphere. It's been getting weaker.

I made my way up the stairs to a locked room on the second floor. I typed in the code and walked in, swiftly shutting the door behind me. There it was. The Kronosphere. This little crystal was the reason I've been suffering all these years. I can't figure out how to get out of this loop. How to escape Nyrx or anything.

I'd been using its power for something beneficial though. It let me see the immediate future in my mind. That had been helping me a little, but not enough.

Immortality is always overexaggerated to be the best thing to happen to people in movies. Whether they're kings or gods, it's always expressed the same way. But in reality, living through your life over and over again is pure torture.

***I wanted it to be longer, but I also wanted to make a part 2. So- feel free to tell me how many parts of this I should do. We're FINALLY getting to the back story (About time :D)***