nineteen

Somehow Feyd had managed to clear up more time in his schedule which meant there was more time for the two of us to spend together during the day

Somehow Feyd had managed to clear up more time in his schedule which meant there was more time for the two of us to spend together during the day. When I wasn't with Yuma I was with him, either going for walks around the perimeter of the palace or spending time together in different parts of the castle

I was enjoying his company more and more. The palace was filled with very powerful and scary people, but Feyd was the one person I wasn't afraid of. 

Yuma was preparing me for dinner this evening. I didn't usually get dressed up to see Feyd, but tonight was different. Tonight the Baron had requested we dine with him.

The thought made me nervous. I had met Baron in passing before, but never properly. To sit down and have to converse with him over a meal seemed mildly terrifying. 

"He'll be here any minute now." Yuma told me, referring to Feyd.

I nodded and stared at myself in the mirror. Tonight she dressed me in a black long-sleeved bodycon dress, a more conservative choice considering my company tonight.

I wondered what Paul would say to me if he saw me right now. He'd probably make a bunch of corny jokes, or tell me I'm trying too hard. I could see him telling me he'd rather I wore shorts and t-shirt because then he'd know I was comfortable at the least. I agreed with my make believe Paul, this dress was definitely not comfortable.

I had been thinking about him more than usually lately. Instinctively I reached down to my bracelet to let him know. It seemed as though the more time I spent with Feyd, the more I thought of Paul. The worst of it came at night as I tried to fall asleep, or even worse, in my dreams. I'd watch us go on strange adventures and spend time together like we used to, but I'd wake up and realize that none of it was real.

Lately I had been considering asking Feyd if it would be alright for me to visit my friend back on Arrakis. It wouldn't just be for my Paul, either. I wanted to see my father, the Duke, Lady Jessica, even Duncan.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. I turned around just as Feyd entered the room. His eyes widened at the sight of me and his eyes raked up and down my figure.

"You look stunning." He smiled at me charmingly, leaning over to kiss me on the cheek.

I blushed at his touch, not expecting his affection. "You don't look too bad either."

Feyd wore a simple outfit of dress shirt and dress pants, but there was something about the way all of his outfits defined his muscles that I just couldn't get over. Or perhaps it was just the muscles.

I thanked Yuma and allowed Feyd to lead me away, offering me his arm to hold. I accepted and followed him down the hall toward the dining room. 

I must have been unknowingly squeezing his arm too hard because he said, "If you squeeze me any hard you'll break my arm." He teased.