thirty two

^this is me accepting barry koeghan as feyd-rautha harkonnen lol

***

I open my eyes groggily, blinking as I tried to process my surroundings. I was met with a familiar smell of rain and stone which I hadn't smelt for weeks, but it all made sense when I realized I was back in my room on Giedi Prime.

I scanned my surroundings a few more times. It was the same rectangular room I had grown familiar to, personalized with my own belongings and furnishings. How could I be back on Giedi Prime? The last thing I remembered was being somewhere in Arrakis, finally with Paul.

Was everything I just saw a dream? No, it couldn't be. There was no way I had dreamt all that in such vivid detail, right? If this was a dream then it definitely had to be a nightmare.

My feet touched the cold floor as I pushed myself from the bed. I peeked my head out the door, not sure what I was looking for. If this was a dream then surely I'd be able to find Yuma somewhere, right? 

I exited my room and began down the hall and towards the main part of the palace. I was reminded of how dead and sullen it was living here, with empty stone walls and a bare concrete floor with no decor in sight.

I was growing more and more nervous as I continued through the vacant palace. I had yet to run into a guard or occupant, but I could hear a few voices echoing through the corridor.

I turned the corner and my eyes widened at the sight of Feyd-Rautha speaking with one of the Sardaukar. The sight was disturbing, but my confusion outweighed any common sense or self preservation.

"What's going on?" I called to him hesitantly from the other end of the hall.

Feyd stopped what he was doing and met my eyes, his face softening. Seeing him now brought back my memories with him and I realized I had been missing him much more than I thought.

He spoke a few more words before waving the soldier away and began towards me. I started towards him as well, my bare feet feeling cold against the concrete floor. He opened his arms and I tackled him in an embrace, allowing him to hold tightly.

He took my face in his hands and kissed me as hard you could kiss someone, it almost hurt. I was reminded of what he tasted like, how his lips felt. How had I let myself go so long without him? I never would have expected to find comfort with him but somehow I did. After everything that had happened with Paul, my feelings of rejection felt soothed by Feyd-Rautha. His touch made me feel wanted.

I could feel his face pressing into my hair. "Oh how I've missed you." 

"I missed you too." I whispered into his arms, but my reality hit me. I pulled away. "Feyd, what happened?"

Feyd-Rautha frowned. "I rescued you. Not that you would remember anything, of course," he added. "But I rescued you from Arrakis."

"Rescued me?" I repeated. "What do you mean you rescued me? I didn't need rescuing."