Chapter 009

Chapter 009 - Six Hundred and Fifty Thousand

There were three common origins for the grievance that lingered in the human body: spontaneous, a living creature’s and that of the dead.

Spontaneous grievances, as the name implied, was the grievance caused by dissatisfaction with certain things. This kind of grievance emerged from the heart and emitted a light color. It would dissipate naturally once the problem was solved. The second kind was the grievance that came from others. Other people’s dissatisfaction and hatred against you would become a grievance, the color which it emitted was a little darker and this would gradually dissipate over time.

Only the dead had a very different kind of grievance. The anger emitted from the dead originally came from their desires left unfulfilled from when they were still alive. The color of this grievance was dark gray. Once entangled with someone, it would remain there. Unless it was handled by a talisman or spell, it would be hard to dispel.

It was grievances of the dead that had entwined themselves on Xu Yao’s body. Le Yao could accurately guess that after going out, Xu Yao had either gone to the cemetery or had contacted a large number of dead spirits. But he couldn’t ask about this directly, because although he was Xu Yao’s wife, there were still things that shouldn’t be said. The moment he asked something related to this, Xu Yao may see him as someone who had a mental problem, which definitely wouldn’t be good for his future.

The sound of ‘hua hua’ came from the bathroom in a moment. It was obvious that Xu Yao had just started his bath. Le Yao hesitated a little and went to open his small backpack. He took out a small bag of cinnabar and put it in his pocket. He also took a brush, stuck the brush into the little dinosaur’s stomach, and used the little dinosaur rattle as a bell. It became a little dinosaur ‘magic wand’. He couldn’t find any brass bells here, so hopefully this magic wand would do. He held and shook it in the air, the bells jingled, and the little dinosaur magic wand made a crisp sound which was very pleasant to hear.

The door suddenly opened and Uncle Ming and Yan Jie entered the room. Uncle Ming was holding a camouflaged blue suit, while Yan Jie had an aura around him similar to that of Xu Yao’s, filled with grievance but a color that was lighter.

“Mr. Xiao Le, this is…” Uncle Ming saw what Le Yao was holding, “What is this?”

“Oh, there’s nothing to do at home, so I made this child’s rattle,” Le Yao shook it, “Did you want to find Xu Yao?”

“No. I came here to give you this special sun protection suit. Please try it on.” Uncle Ming added, “The General didn’t have a suit of your size. So I had to specially ask someone to make a smaller one for you, that’s why it took more time.”

“Sorry for the trouble, Uncle Ming,” Le Yao took the magic wand and the clothes into the bedroom. The suit was comfortable and fit him well.

It was a bit like the skin suit he had worn on Earth. But it was thicker and longer than that, and the headgear was not made the same way. As soon as it was worn, except for a pair of eyes that could be seen clearly, all the other places were covered.

Le Yao took off the suit and returned to the living room. He said with a smile, “It fits me well. Thank you, Uncle Ming.”

At this time, the sound of the water in the bathroom stopped. Almost coincidentally, the three of them turned their eyes to the bathroom door, and no one spoke again until the person in the bathroom came out.

Xu Yao only had a white bath towel around his waist, his strong and firm muscles were exposed to all. He hadn't dried his body well, so there were some water droplets on his chest muscles, and his hair was pretty damp. He looked like a wild animal which had just come ashore from a river. It was unspeakably attractive.