Chapter 094

Chapter 094 - Our First Encounter

When Chief Warden Wan got the news that his son had been captured, he immediately fled as quickly as he could from Tarot.

The father-son duo’s initial plan had been to first join forces with the Sarna Orcs to help them take back the mining planet Vodapei, then attack and snatch Huaxia from Xu Yao, and finally, he would personally lead an attack on Tarot to distract Emperor Kunta.

However, it was evident that their preparations were not enough. They were unable to successfully capture Le Yao, and even the ambush on Vodapei hadn’t borne a good result.

Who would have thought that the undead had the ability to possess the Orc soldiers and incite fighting within their own ranks?

The failure of the Vodapei operation was detrimental, to the extent that it made the battle near impossible to win. In the end, when the Orcs soldiers witnessed their disadvantageous situation, they retreated hastily to safeguard their own lives.

The Sarna Orcs had suffered a heavy loss this time. As for this Chief Warden Wan, needless to say, he had already invested everything he had into this operation, exchanging the remainder of his lifetime to pursue this glory; but the final result was that he was gifted a warrant.

Chief Warden Wan had been in charge of guarding prisoners for more than ten years, but in the end, he had ironically become a target for arrest.

Xu Yao said to Yan Jie, “We must guard Wan Deqing carefully. Wan Chengze, that old man, still values his son.”

“Yes. But Brother Xu, I don’t understand. Why do you want to put Wan Deqing in our custody? Wouldn’t it be better to send him to Tarot or hand him over to the Star Police?”

“No. I would say that the best way to deal with him is with my own hands. Additionally, the Emperor and Empress will travel to Huaxia within the next two days. The Emperor may want to personally interrogate Wan Deqing. Furthermore, the reason we’ve kept him in our hands is also to see if Wan Chengze will come here for him. If possible, it’s better to clean them up together.”

“But if he still has a brain, he won’t come here right?”

“I might also have thought that way before my three little guys were born. However, I’ve changed my mind. After all, Wan Deqing is the only son of the Wan Family.”

“That’s really excessive. They’re the ones causing trouble, but we’re the ones who have to clean up the mess.” Yan Jie felt distressed just thinking about it.

In recent years, Chief Warden Wan had secretly killed many of the original prison guards and smuggled prisoners out by using the faces of those guards. In light of this startling discovery, Emperor Kunta could only order a thorough investigation to begin the process of rectification.

One by one, the remaining prisoners, guards and wardens of Blood Prison were being subjected to an investigation of DNA re-verification, and if any problems were uncovered, a death sentence was inevitable for that particular offender.

The undead Flying Wolf soldiers were put in-charge of searching for the souls of the guards who had died unjustly under Wan Chengze’s leadership. This way, it would become impossible for anything to be falsified.

Additionally, the situation had changed, as the Tianyan talismans could now be considered to be at a ‘mass production’ level. Xu Yao didn’t even have to use paper to draw them. Whenever someone needed their sight to be opened, he would just have to draw the required rune onto that person’s forehead.

And so, arrangements were made in a way that half of the Heavy Mecha Regiment and half of the Light Mecha Regiment would handle the aftermath in tandem. This team, which also had some undead as additional support in it, was led by Zhang Xuwei and Liu Yi.