Chapter 098

Chapter 098 - Exposed

Xu Yao guessed that there were three possible reasons as for why Le Feishan came to the Flying Wolf Division in Huaxia.

One possibility was to hide from Jiang Xinduo’s ex-husband so as to not be haunted by him every night.

The second was to save Wan Deqing. Although Wan Deqing had been caught, his father, Wan Chengze was still on the run. Since Le Feishan dared to entrust Le Tianyu into Wan Chengze’s care, he must have a grasp on many of Le Feishan’s secrets. As such was the case, it was not impossible for him to use those to blackmail Le Feishan.

Third, he was here for Le Tianyu.

Although others didn’t know about Le Tianyu’s whereabouts, Wan Chengze certainly knew. If Le Feishan had heard the information from Wan Chengze and had thus come to try and rescue Le Tianyu, or even just make him ‘disappear’, then Le Feishan would prove to be much less of a threat.

On their way to where Wan Deqing was being held, Emperor Kunta happened to notice that Le Feishan’s thoughts seemed to be wandering astray and so, asked casually, “General Le, are you alright?”

“Thank you for your concern, Emperor. I’m fine. It’s just that, we’ve only been separated for a while and I already miss my little grandchildren.” He glanced at Xu Yao as he said this, making it seem as if there was a hidden message in his words conveyed to Xu Yao.

The perfunctory smile in Xu Yao’s eyes was instantly reduced by three degrees.

Sure enough, Emperor Kunta noticed the undercurrents and tension between the two, but his first thought was of Jiang Xinduo and Le Tianyu’s behaviour towards Le Yao, so, in the end, he decided not to say anything about it. He felt that it was likely to just be an ordinary family matter.

The party finally arrived at the place where Wan Deqing was being held prisoner.

This place was 200 meters away from the Light Mecha Regiment’s training ground. There were five large mechas connected in a row to each other, with further internal connections leading to resting areas and medical zones.

During normal day-to-day operations, soldiers of the Light Mecha Regiment that were accidentally injured or needed to rest after training would come here. It being relatively near to the training ground made it more convenient to go to than the hospital.

Wan Deqing was currently being held inside one of these mechas. He had been injected with muscle relaxant drugs, making him lose all his strength. Not to mention being unable to escape, he couldn’t even move his fingers easily.

Le Feishan seemed to be hesitating a little just as the door was about to be opened, but he couldn’t think of a reasonable excuse to take his leave from this meeting.

He stood stiffly to the side of Emperor Kunta. His hands had unconsciously folded together, and his right hand slowly pinched his left hand repeatedly, as if he was trying to relieve some of his stress at the potential outcome of the impending situation.

It was at this particular moment that Xu Yao asked Leslie to open the door. From his position on the other side of Emperor Kunta, he gave Tang Ye a look and asked simply, “Emperor, will you take Wan Deqing with you to Tarot when you leave?”

Emperor Kunta replied, “No. Why would I bring this ungrateful being along with me?”

He saw the pale-faced person seated on a chair behind the slowly rising door. “General Xu, what do you want to do with him?”

“In the beginning, if it hadn’t been for one of his men disguising as Aunt Yu, who is one of Le Yao’s trusted people, taking advantage of the chaos to approach him and subsequently attacking him with a sonic weapon, Le Yao wouldn’t have given birth prematurely. Let’s also not forget about the inflicted stress and Le Yao’s unceasing worry for any problems that could possibly occur to the children every day since then,” said Xu Yao.