Chapter 106

Chapter 106 - Extra 1: Yan Jie — Yang Hengtian ( 1 )

After Le Yao’s sudden disappearance, Yang Hengtian and Yan Jie simply stared at each other for a minute. The former, like the latter, said nothing to break the awkward silence.

Yan Jie, after looking at him for a moment more and still feeling confused, slowly shifted his sight to their surroundings.

This was obviously a living room. A gray and white hexagonal living room with windows on three sides, from which adequate morning light was shining in. A set of pure white leather sofas were placed against one of the windowed walls, and the main seat of that sofa set faced the door.

Due to white being the dominant color, the entire living room looked especially bright and clean, but also had a sense of abstinence, which was indeed Yang Hengtian’s style.

The question was: why did he appear here?

Yan Jie poked at one of the sofas uneasily and turned to Yang Hengtian. “This is your own room?”

The two of them had only begun to become closer, after a long time separation, due to working together on Huaxia’s reconstruction project. It was really no wonder that Yan Jie hadn’t visited Yang Hengtian’s room in Tarot in the past.

“En.” Yang Hengtian still had some doubts and asked, “Don’t you want to finish this dream first?” A moment ago, Yan Jie had stopped him from talking, with the reasoning that he needed to finish his dream before letting him talk.

“I’m already in my dream. How can I finish it if I leave? I can only continue and finish it here.” Yan Jie sat down on the sofa and his expression fully reflected his inner thoughts, that everything in front of him was just an ‘illusion’. He patted the free space next to him. “Don’t just stand there. Come, sit with me and let’s chat.”

“… Are you sure that this is a dream?” Yang Hengtian also felt that it was very strange, but he also didn’t feel that it was a dream.

He knew that he had an appointment with one of his business partners this morning, and remembered the business that should be discussed in that meeting, as well as the fact that his remaining itinerary for the day was as clear as water. If this was a dream, he shouldn’t be able to remember the whole day’s activities so clearly and reasonably. After all, no one in the world would be able to dream up his whole day of work with such realism, right?

“Think about it, if this isn’t a dream, then is it possible for this to be reality?” said Yan Jie. “I was in the Flying Wolf Division in Huaxia five minutes ago. Do you think that I could be here in Tarot in reality?”

Yang Hengtian couldn’t say a word.

He sat down next to Yan Jie, thought for a moment and asked his assistant to contact his business partner to see if he really was wrong. However, before his AI could do so, he was successfully interrupted by Yan Jie’s own AI.

“It’s not a dream, Mr Yang.” Yan Jie’s assistant said, “Mr Xiao Le indeed sent Officer Yan here to spend a night with you using his special ability. But it’s better not to let any more people know about it, so as to not to cause unnecessary trouble for Mr Xiao Le.”

“How could that be?!” Yan Jie was shocked at this discovery.

“Officer Yan, it’s true, this is real. Leslie has also confirmed this. In order to let you two meet again in the future, it’s better to keep Mr Xiao Le’s ability confidential.”

“But I was in Huaxia only moments ago. Now you tell me that I’m…” Yan Jie turned to look at Yang Hengtian, “Isn’t this your home? In Tarot?!”