six

six: uncle ben

six: uncle ben.

AURORA MADE IT HOME WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE

she got out of her car, her book bag in her hand and a book about electricity in the other. willa was home, she could tell by the lights flashing in willa's room and the younger brunette standing  by the window on the phone. aurora locked her door, she turned around thinking someone was standing there- but only her shadow from the house light.

aurora felt like she was being watched, maybe it could've been peter after he told her about his 'powers' or whatever they are. but this feeling didn't seem friendly, it was cold, aurora could feel evil also. the brunette quickly grabbed her knife in her pocket, but realized 'dipshit, you have powers.'

aurora opened her house door, the keys making a louder sound then they needed to. aurora locked the door, "where's dad?" she called out to willa, who walked down the steps quickly. the brunette girl had a big cut down her face, making aurora drop her things, "what the fuck!?" willa smiled weakly, tears in her eyes, "did dad-"

"no! some kid at school." willa replied as her big sister hugged her. aurora ran her hand down willa's cut, the blood getting on her finger, "i'm sorry."

"for what?" aurora whispered, taking her sister to the bathroom. she patted the counter, willa sitting down hesitantly seeing a little spark come out of aurora's hand. aurora didn't notice though, she didnt care either. her phone buzzed in her pocket, aurora groaning as she looked at it. 

spider  is calling...

aurora raised her eyebrow, she held up a finger to willa who was clenching her jaw in pain. "pete?" aurora asked answering her phone hesitantly, she heard a few shaky breaths- which made aurora freeze. "are you okay?"

AURORA SAT IN THE PARKERS LIVING ROOM

willa sat next to her, tears streaming down her face as she realized he only father figure was gone. willa was curled up into a ball, small sniffles came from her but that was it. willa looked at aurora, who stared at her hands with a small frown. peter came downstairs, apparently for the first time in an hour, his eyes landed on aurora. 

the brunette stood up quickly, the two friends hugging like the world was ending. aurora wrapped her arms around his shoulders, peter wrapped his around her waist. they stayed like that for a while, no one said anything besides peters sniffles (to keep himself from bawling his eyes out). 

the two headed upstairs, leaving willa with may. peter shut his door after aurora walked in, she turned around to peter wrapping his arms around his friend. he began crying, the two slowly going to the floor as aurora rubbed his back. tears were falling down her face also, she didnt even feel like crying. she was sick to her stomach, ben was shot and the guy wasnt caught.

aurora didnt say anything, peter was still holding onto her like if he let go, she would disappear forever. he always had a feeling like, one day aurora would leave and he would never be able to even touch her again- he couldn't deal with that. he knew aurora wouldn't leave him, especially now, she knew how the grief felt like.

aurora ran her hand through peters hair, trying to calm him down. they were still on his bedroom floor, his stuff all around them. on the wall was photos of aurora and him, aurora loved the one. they were at the fair, aurora brought her polaroid camera and decided on top of the ferris wheel they should take a photo.

peter was looking at aurora like she was the light of his world. aurora smiled widely like not a problem in the world was happening, not noticing the boy. the fair lights made the picture even better, they seemed to be lighting them up even when the world was dark. another photo was peter and aurora, they were at the school dance for the 10th grade dance.

it was right after aurora's mother died, aurora remembered it clearly. peter asked her to the dance as friends, and forced her to go with him because she needed to be happy for one night. aurora wore a black dress, black heels, but she was beautiful. peter and her were talking when may took the photo, but their hands were intertwined, and smiles on their faces. 

peter looked at aurora as she looked at his wall, tears were falling down her face. they still said nothing, even when the rain poured outside and the lighting flashed. aurora laid her head back on peters bed, her eyes shutting from the exhaustion and the sadness. peter sat up making her look at him, "can you stay?" he asked making aurora nod.

thats how aurora kinsley and peter parker ended up in bed together. 

peter had his hands wrapped around her waist, pulling aurora closer to him as he slept. aurora didn't mind, she laid her head on his chest fiddling with her mothers ring. she couldn't sleep, the rain kept her up almost all night- she couldn't leave peter though. aurora sat up, peter moved but didn't wake up. he wrapped his arounds around her waist, pulling himself closer to her even more now that she was sitting up. 

aurora reached over on his nightstand, it was the photo album aurora created for the boy for his 14th birthday. peter of course made some changes to it, but it was little doodles and drawings. aurora opened the album, a small frown on her face seeing their halloween costume when they were 13, harry potter characters.

aurora dressed up as a slytherin, peter dressed up (aurora forced him) as a gryffindor. aurora had her arms wrapped around peter a smile on her face, peter was hiding from the camera, a cheesy smile on his face. 

she flipped the page, the science fair. aurora was partners with peter in 9th grade, goggles were on her face as she had her arm around peters shoulders. they won first place, obviously. ben and may were the only two that came to support the two, auroras father was drunk and her mother was working. so instead of a family photo with may, peter and ben, they invited aurora. considering they were like family.

the fight that ended aurora and peters friendship was the dumbest thing. aurora stood out in the rain for hours, walking home after flash decided he wanted to party. it was the beginning of 11th grade, peter already told aurora that he was a terrible boyfriend but she didnt listen. peter picked aurora up, they sat in silence.

"he's a terrible boyfriend,."

"fuck you pete! cant you just be happy i'm happy!?"

then it ended with screaming at each other, peter crying as he watched aurora storm out of his house. aurora never saw it then, but she never noticed the love peter had for her. thats why he wanted her to break up with flash, because he was waiting for her- peter would always wait for aurora kinsley.

and she couldn't accept that.