fourteen

fourteen: the beginning of a end

AURORA KINSLEY SAT IN GWENS ROOM THE NEXT DAY

next to her was gwen, who was packing to leave. peter left to go do something, not telling either of them but he did kiss aurora goodbye. it was a quick kiss, then he was gone into the day. aurora felt like something bad was about to happen, but she couldn't figure it out. "when are you leaving?" gwen asked turning up the radio.

aurora shrugged, taking a bite of her apple, "around 6." 

gwen nodded her head to the music, "me too." aurora went quiet, she wondered what peter was doing. was he okay? aurora stood up, she walked out of gwens room, her heart pounding. why was today different than any other day? aurora stepped into the living room looking at her backpack, fuck it. aurora grabbed the bag, a kitchen knife, and walked out of the penthouse- well the backdoor.

aurora stuck the knife in her jacket pocket, she tied her hair up in a ponytail before sticking her hand out. her electricity slingshot shot out of her hands before she flew up on a roof. she ran on the rooftops, jumping to the next, then the next. she finally made it to her neighborhood, people gathered outside of her house. aurora slipped into her backyard, jumping up on her sisters balcony, then into the house. 

her phone rang, it was peter. aurora ignored the call as she opened up her bedroom door. freddy sat in her room, holding aurora's teddy bear. "hi." aurora whispered as she opened her closet door, all her clothes were gone. "where are-"

"i packed for you." freddy mumbled, pointing towards the suitcase on the ground. aurora glanced at him, tears filled his eyes making aurora frown. she wrapped her arms around her father's figure, "i love you so much aurora."

"i love you too."