Pt. 4 Training To Be A Hero

You wake up, regardless of your throbbing headache. Work clothes on, flame 'stache ready, the look was there.

Now for the skill.

You enter Endeavor's personal training room, seeing the lavishly decorated, eastern style room in all its splendour.

I bet Endeavor is having trouble in my body.

You hear a knock at the door, you go towards to answer it, seeing a figure who looked much like Mr. Compress.

He wouldn't be born yet. Much less an adult.

???: Why hello there, aren't you a lucky man?

Y/N: Umm.

???: Take it this way, before, when you were in the hellhole, your stress didn't go unnoticed. A group of cosmic beings, including me, have noticed, and well, we resolved to put you in the body of Enji Todoroki.

Y/N: Okay.

The Man: For lack of a better name, call me...

He tips his hat forward and smirks.

The Man: The Man!

A random, super mysterious theme starts to play, you weren't sure where from, but it did.

How In Anywhere readers:

(He appears in my debut fic)

He simply disappears, leaving you knowing how you got here, but not really with anything else.

The next person you saw, at the cafe again, the same woman, Rei Himura.

Rei: Hey. I gotta thank ya for saving me back there, again.

She swayed from side to side, with a smile on her face.

So precious.

Y/N: All in a day's work. Or something like that.

Rei: Wow. Going with that line huh?

She put her arms on her hips and raised her eyes to your chin.

Y/N: Is it not true?

Rei: You got a point.

She put her hand on your shoulder, a challenge considering your height difference.

Rei: We should go out some time.

Y/N: Um. Well, I guess I'll let you know when I can.

You said, your blush being hid by your flame 'stache.

Rei: I can see it.

She gets her face close to yours, licking her lips, your eyes widen, after all, having a rather pathetic life beforehand, a woman's lips did scare you. It was a real shock going from what you were to what Johnny Bravo thought he was.

Y/N: So, you'd like a date, I guess.

Your muscles go stiff, eyes wide, breath getting faster.

Oh god what the fuck do I do? What would Endeavor d- oh fuck him.

You thought about it, a good long, awkward while.

Rei: Well?

Y/N: I'll go on a date or something, it's a bit odd is all.

She kisses your chin, all she could reach, you froze in place, having your first kiss taken by Rei To- well, Himura at the moment.

Not technically a kiss I guess, but I guess it counts.

You rub the area she kissed, trying to understand this new feeling, you tilt your head, your pupils also moving around.

You continue your inquisitive glance until you feel a tap on the back.

You turn around, seeing the much shorter man, Sabre, behind you.

Sabre: Hey, number five, c'mon, you'll be number six in a few weeks if you keep standing around like that.

Y/N: Right.

On the way to the agency you witness a simple robbery, going up to the criminal, you make your presence known by the man.

He looks behind him to see your intimidating figure, the man had a scar on his eye, and he started to grow slightly.

Thug: What? You scared of Minor Gigantification?

Y/N: You think the pro hero Endeavor is scared of a big guy.

The guy did grow to be at least a few inches wider and taller than you.

Sabre: Shit. We should get her out.

You slam your fist in his gut, even to his enhanced physique, it rocked him.

Thug: You hit harder than I believed.

He says, bowling over, holding his gut.

He gets up and dashes towards you, you block the first strike, and smash your palm into his chin, heating it up into full flames. The force of the attack lifted the thug off his feet, sending him to the back of the alleyway, smashing into the wall.

Thug: Hehe. All right, you got guts.

He dashes towards you again, you duck under and slam your fist into his jaw.

As he's in the air, you try to charge that flame spear. It simply explodes in your hand.

Y/N: Ah!

You shout, holding your palm in your other hand to soothe the stinging pain.

Thug: Lil' deavor got a bit o' trouble with his quirk.

He rushes in, you heat your fist, going in for a punch. His fist collects you, and you fly back near Sabre.

As the thug goes to deal a finishing blow, Sabre jets into him with his Warhawk Combo. A gut punch, followed by two jet-boosted hooks with an uppercut as a finisher.

As he came back down, Sabre rushes the thug using his signature attack.

Sabre: Thunderjet Finisher!

He holds out both hands, elbows bent, fists at the same level as his face. He jets forward, he extends his arms, jet propelling them even faster. The thug's face becomes a bloody mess.

Y/N: Alright Sabre, I've got this.

He tries to get up, coughing up blood, you concentrate, creating that spear again, throwing it into his shoulder.

Y/N: Now then, time for the police to get here.

As if on cue, they show up, taking the thug to where he was meant to be, not Tartarus sure, but a prison still.

Y/N: Right. Sabre? We good to go?

Sabre: Damn right.

You started a patrol, less eventful than your last, but a definite break from what you had been through before. The biggest challenge after that first guy happened to actually be quirkless, but Sabre put him in his place.

Y/N: So, what do you think of yourself?

Sabre: What do you mean?

Y/N: Those jet arms, you feel enough?

Sabre: Damn. Your personality changed, normally you wouldn't give two shits.

Y/N: Was a bit of a random question, but, experiencing this world for the first time again, it just led me to ask.

Sabre: I'll tell you later, how about that?

Y/N: Alright. Good talk Sabre.

Sabre: Thanks man.

... and that's called foreshadowing.