Pt. 16 The Icon Of Sin

The tall man's aura widened, shattering the top layer of the sidewalk beneath you both.

Icon of Sin: Scared Endeavor?

Y/N: Not in the slightest!

You charged your flame bolt and fired, as it was to hit him, he disappeared and you felt a wind on your face.

Your eyes widened, realising his speed above yours.

You felt the tremendous force against your back, sending you into the pavement.

Y/N: What the-?

Icon of Sin: Surprised?

The blood dripping from your face soon dried from the flames on your face.

You stood.

Y/N: I won't be the second time.

You charged the next flame bolt.

Icon of Sin: Idiot.

You fired it and smirked, he was behind you again, this time, you had a flame wall come up between you and him.

Icon of Sin: Shit!

He stumbled back, patting down his burning clothes.

Y/N: Heheh.

You dashed in and punched his face, followed with a kick to the rib before coming in with another punch, he grabbed it, pulling it out of the way, in return, you enflamed your entire arm, charring sections off his hand.

Y/N: Normal attacks don't seem to work, I'll just use my flame.

Icon of Sin: Heh. You learn fast.

Y/N: I'll defeat you!

Icon of Sin: A shame I learn faster. Envy form!

Y/N: Huh?

Icon of Sin: Even if I fail here. As long as I live, I can split my quirk. Someone of my line will destroy you.

Y/N: Send your sons. Send your daughters. I'll wait.

He held his rib in pain again.

Icon of Sin: Changing forms hurts more than anything you could ever do!

He outstretched his hands and lunged his head forward, making a twisted smile, before flames appeared in his hands.

Y/N: Huh?

Icon of Sin: My quirk is split up into seven sections. Unfortunately my body treats them as seven different quirks.

Y/N: Enough talk!

You threw a flaming javelin straight to him, but he waved his hand up to it, dispersing it into a normal pattern of flame.

Y/N: Shit...

He threw the flame towards you, around the side of his body, throwing a curve.

The flame hit you, but to little effect, as the smoke covered you, you made more smoke, giving precious seconds to charge a bolt of flame.

The smoke dispersed and moved.

Icon of Sin: That won't work!

You could see a faint blue light and jumped back, the light went up, where you threw the bolt into him, throwing him straight back.

Y/N: How the hell is he so powerful?

The smoke cleared in a sort of tunnel of clearing with smoke around, this happened in an instant.

The flames on his body turned blue, it was now all over his body.

Icon of Sin: Playtime is over Endeavor!

The flame left his body as his hand went over his rib, the red aura returning. As adrenaline rushed through you, you couldn't deny that as scared as you were to lose your new life, this was your thrill. This was your calling.

Icon of Sin: Know this? The Wrathful Form.

You took a breath as you eyed the form again.

He suddenly disappeared from your view, you sent out an expanding flame ring, that flared up into a wall all around.

However, there was no convulsing figure before as it cleared out. Only a boot to your back that flipped you and sent your back straight into a building, cracking a wall.

You slid off and got up, getting up from your hands pushing you up easily. But as soon as you stood, another hand punched your chest, followed by what felt like a million more, pushing you further into the wall. cracking it further and bruising your chest, before he hit with one strong, straight punch, making a hole in the wall and the next one.

There was near no getting up from that.

Icon of Sin: The moment I decided to show any fraction of my strength. Tch.

Hours later-

You got up in a hospital bed, with Rei at your side.

Y/N: Shit.. sorry about that..

Rei: It's fine..

Y/N: So... am I still able to do anything?

Rei: You'll most likely be back in action in a few weeks..

Y/N: Crap...

Rei: Yeah.. it'll be okay sweetie. Don't you worry. I'll be there with you.

Her face was now hanging above yours, her hand on your cheek.

Rei: I promise..

It was then that All Might, Sir Nighteye and Sabre entered the room.

Sir Nighteye: We heard what happened.

Y/N: Thanks for showing up..

All Might: Yes.. unfortunately we are here on business.

Y/N: What kind?

All Might: Trying to catch the Icon of Sin. Rated on the highest tier of villain possible. We imagined he'd come to finish the job.

Y/N: Possibly.. you'd be the only one powerful enough to stop him..

All Might: Hmm.. odd..

Y/N: What is?

All Might: You're different somehow.. it isn't important.. anyway, we are standing guard here for you.

Y/N: Heh.. I appreciate it.

Sabre: I'm not on business- I'm just here to visit-

Y/N: Thank you, my friend.

He cocked a half smile before leaving a gift at the side of the table.

Sabre: Alright I was told to let you rest.

Y/N: I'm sure I'll be fine.

Sabre: Alright man, but hey, you gotta rest up.

Y/N: I know. But to hell with it, why not have a chat?

Sabre: I guess.. well if it's any news to you, I'm floating around jobs and that, almost got one as a butcher.

Y/N: Well that's quite alright.

Sabre: Yeah. It's a little hard after that whole scandal..

Y/N: I can imagine.

Sabre: Yeah.. but they're willing to give me a shot.

Y/N: Well good for you, let's see how it goes.