Pt. 6 The Greatest Heroes

The next morning-

Sabre's story ran through your head, multiple times, you couldn't get it out. You also wondered why you never saw him before being taken here.

You've had it hard, my guy. Even worse than when I got put into this damn body. How come you're not seen? Ever. I mean, Gran Torino is older than the bodies we have, so it's not an age thing. Do you die?

You couldn't think about it now. You had a job to get to.

You go through a normal day, a little bit of a fight here and there, but nothing that could put a dent in this body of yours.

Y/N: I'm gonna need to have some sort of challenge soon. I need to be at Enji's level before whatever day that Sabre will die. At least, that's what I think will happen, since he's not an old hero.

???: Hey! I'm your new partner, sorry I'm late. Name's Washi Takami.

He wore the same coat and had similar wings to who you assumed was his son.

Y/N: You can fire those feathers?

Washi: Sure can! Anyways, let's get to it.

He starts to run, you do so to catch up, still amazed by the speed you're running at.

You catch up with him, running past a building. And you hear a sound, a voice.

Y/N: Hold up.

???: Is that all there is to you? A pity, I'm sure Endeavor isn't going to come to get you out of here.

A scared sounding woman pipes up, only slightly.

Woman: He will, you'll see.

Y/N: Shit.

You put all of your energy into your feet, heating them up. You place a foot on the wall, melting a little bit of it.

Y/N: That's really supposed to hold me.

You make a run up, hearing a sword being drawn.

Y/N: Shit.

You jump onto the wall, surprisingly, the technique worked on your large frame.

You jumped up to the level she was held at, it was Rei, with a grey, hooded man, he had a fencing mask, and a white cloak. He drew a sabre and put it to Rei's neck.

???: Well, hello there, name's Cutlass.

Y/N: Cutlass? The hell?

He took off his cloak, leaving a white plain robe. He pulled his sleeves back to reveal some familiar arms.

The hell?

He jets towards you, brandishing his sword. You heat up your hands and cause the sword to melt before it hits them.

You come in with a hook, causing him to drop the now useless blade.

He is ever so faster on the attack, hitting you with a painful rib shot before you could follow up.

He hit you hard, possibly tearing a muscle or a tiny fracture on your rib.

You dash forward, ducking under his punch. You take him to the ground, where his enhanced power and speed had no real effect.

He throws a punch, hitting you in the stomach, you held fast and grabbed his hand. You wrapped his legs so he couldn't escape your hold.

Cutlass: What are you going to do? Burn me?

Y/N: Well, yeah.

You proceeded to heat up the hand that held his arm. He pulled away, a gust of wind pushing into your face as well.

Y/N: Shit.

You slammed a fist into his rib, heating it up as you landed.

Cutlass: Damn it. You're better than when I last saw you, or more these eyes.

Y/N: Huh? What the-?

You had no time to think. You landed a square shot on his face.

You got off the man, having no time to reveal his face, you had to get Rei out of there.

You concentrate your energy, which to be fair, you'd become good at. The energy turned into a flame blade of sorts. You sliced through her cuffs, and freed her from the chair.

Rei: Thank you.

She throws her arms around you. Just as she does, you put an arm on her shoulder. You reassure her by your hand and words.

Y/N: Everything will be okay. Ironically, because, well, I am here.

Rei: Thank you.

Tears begin to well up in her eyes.

Y/N: You will be okay.

Rei: I never thought. You would be so kind.

Y/N: Isn't that what a hero is?

Rei: Yes. I think so. Some of the other heroes should know that better, is all I have to say.

Y/N: All right. Hey, Rei. We know each other pretty well now. Can you- keep a secret?

Rei: Of course.

Y/N: I don't have a bad memory spell. You might have heard of it.

Rei: Yeah.

Y/N: I- you see, this body, it's not mine.

Rei: That's not too hard to believe.

Y/N: I swapped bodies with Enji Todoroki. Or Endeavor. I am led to believe that he is in my old body.

Rei: Okay. So that's why you don't know anything.

Y/N: Yeah. But also, I know who I am in the body of... because everyone here, is a character in a show. We play an important role. The main character, he's not even born yet.

Rei: Holy shit.

Y/N: The way I think about it, some trickles of this universe leaked into mine, giving the creator of the show his idea.

Rei: Plausible. Anyway, so... what role do we play?

Y/N: Me? I watch it. But Enji... there's no nice way to put it. He becomes your abusive husband.

Rei: Shit. Really?

Y/N: He only married you for your quirk, made a baby factory out of you until he got Shoto, the forth child. Able to generate ice from one side, fire from the other.

Rei: Damn.

Y/N: The man who is supposed to be in this body trains the ever loving hell out of Shoto, leaving the others forgotten.

Rei: Oh my.

Y/N: I'm a different man. One who knows what it's like to have it hard, be pushed into something you weren't capable of, which caused a loss of motivation. I know what it is to be forgotten. I'm not Enji Todoroki. Actually, I'm Y/N.

Rei: Holy shit.