Pt. 15 This Is The Top

Back at your home, two weeks from Sabre's release-

You walked over to Rei, who was hanging up washing outside.

Y/N: Rei... I'd like to talk about something..

Rei: Sure sweetheart.

Y/N: Alright... would you be alright with me taking a lot of time out to train...? Y'know, being a hero is.. pretty cool.

Rei: Of course.

She came up to you and kissed your cheek.

Y/N: Okay.

Rei: I'm absolutely supportive of your goal to be a great hero. Remember, you're still an adult. You can make decisions on your own.

Y/N: I don't know.. just a little scared I guess...

Rei: Why?

She cupped your cheek in her hand.

Y/N: I don't want to spend too much time.. I'll lose you..

Rei: Oh sweetheart.. it's okay.

Y/N: You'll tell me when you need me.. right?

Rei: Of course.

You nodded and smiled weakly before going out to train your body and quirk, which you still didn't have a full grasp of.

In the training room-

You now saw the fireproofing walls, roof and floor, neatly woven into the traditional style.

Y/N: Alright... something simple... fireball..

You held a cupped hand in front, charging some flame, before shooting it out, which ended up looking more like a bolt, with streaks behind it, rather than a ball.

Y/N: Well that's a good technique...

Rei then came into the room.

Rei: Sorry to interrupt dear, but I brought water. I'm not having you dehydrate on your training room floor.

Y/N: Oh.. thank you..

She kissed your cheek and left the room.

Y/N: Well... alright.. here we go.. let's find out what this body can do.

And with that, you lifted weights instead, seeing how much you could lift, before going back to fireball training.

Y/N: Alright... let's see...

You cupped your hand again, wider this time, before letting a fireball go, it was slower than the bolt, but went further, before dissipating completely.

Y/N: Alright...

You let loose small flames into the ground, before having your hand rise up, increasing the intensity of the flame, making a flame wall.

Y/N: Alright. That's that..

You already felt the sweat from your brow.

Y/N: The temperature raise is no joke...

You downed an entire bottle of water, thinking it safer to cut it there.

Y/N: Don't want to overdo it.

You walked out of the room, Rei was walking past as you walked out.

Rei: Hi sweetheart. Need anything?

Y/N: Oh. Me? No I'm fine. I was just about to go out.

Rei: Oh that's okay.

She smiled and kissed your cheek. Then you did the same.

Y/N: I'll be at Sabre's place.

Rei: Alright. You go. I won't keep you waiting.

Y/N: Alright..

You walked out, going towards Sabre's place, looking around the place for danger.

Y/N: Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Later on the long walk, you spotted a verbal confrontation between a horned man and a much taller man, a dark cloak and purple hair, he was skinny, and was quite a bit taller than the other man, and yourself.

Y/N: Alright. What's going on here?

The tall man turned around, revealing a pale and withered looking man, but something told you he wasn't out of his forties.

??: Sorry about all this. This man owes me quite a bit.

Y/N: I understand that if I'm gonna be honest. But don't let this turn physical. Now, who are you?

??: I don't exactly go by a normal name. Call me the Icon of Sin.

Y/N: Sounds like a villain.

Icon of Sin: I act in my own interests. Be it villain or hero in my way, they'll fall.

He was speaking in dry, husky voice, as if the air from his throat was ancient and stale.

Y/N: Wait... what?

Icon of Sin: Just leave me to my business. There's not much a chance you'd have against me anyway.

Y/N: I beg to differ there.

Icon of Sin: I know who you are Endeavor.

Y/N: I wouldn't doubt it.

Icon of Sin: I know I could defeat you easily.

Y/N: Sure.

Icon of Sin: Are you looking for a fight?

Y/N: I'm looking out for someone that's under the threat of death.

Icon of Sin: I won't hurt him. As long as he doesn't swing.

Horned man: That's bullshit!

Icon of Sin: My my. How unprofessional.

Horned man: I don't owe you shit!

Icon of Sin: Right, other than the yen I loaned?

Horned man: Well... yeah but I don't owe you manners.

Icon of Sin: Well, as a loan shark, I have to make sure I'm fed. It's not my fault the interest is profitable... and enticing.

Horned man: Look. I'll have it tomorrow. I get paid tomorrow. I'll have everything sorted.

Icon of Sin: I've already waited a long time for this.

Horned man: Endeavor. Save me. He's fucking crazy man!

Icon of Sin: I'm only here for my money!

He said in a loud croaked growl.

Horned man: I don't have it. I will tomorrow.

Y/N: You'll get your money. Just rest it.

Icon of Sin: He's made the same excuse again and again. I'm tired of waiting.

Y/N: I can understand this. But I can't let you kill him.

Icon of Sin: I dare you to try to stop me.

The crowd that had gathered started to back away, and the horned man ran off.

Y/N: Well then. Here we go.

He exhaled and a red aura flowed around him, he held his chest as he did for a second, and looked like he was struggling to activate his power.

Icon of Sin: Having several powers wears you down. That's how it is. Now... Wrathful Form, 100%! I'm ending this quickly!

His aura became larger and the earth shook beneath you.

Icon of Sin: Now then, let's dance.