Pt. 12 Two Months And A Reveal

A month after Sabre's imprisonment, Rei, with assistance from you, had moved into your home.

In that time, you'd learned how to control Hellflame in the same ways Endeavor had done.

After her move, you sat on your bed, finally finished.

After that, Rei came into the room, giving you a smile.

In response, you opened your arms to her, by now you knew what she would do.

She smiled and walked towards you, letting you scoop her up in your arms, she held a semi-firm squeeze on your back, something she'd put in place in this past month to let you know she really wanted it.

Rei: Thanks for helping me move in.

Y/N: It's fine.

You pulled her a little closer into your chest, rubbing the back of her head.

Rei: So... umm... how about... we go on a couple of dates... not now, but soon?

Y/N: Sure.

Another month gone by, it was getting hard to remember that you weren't here originally, a foreigner to the land of quirks and powers, yet, it was all so familiar, yet for time, it wasn't.

Sitting at your bed, two months and five days since you woke up in the hero's body, not like you could recall.

Y/N: I've really had the time of my life...

At that, Rei walked in, smiling at you before walking towards you.

Rei: Hey, little flame. How is everything?

Y/N: I'm... okay.

You gave a small smile to her.

Rei: Aww.

She cuddles into you, out of anything, you wouldn't want to miss this. The one thing that brought you light in an otherwise dark world.

Still hugging Rei, you stood up and smiled, opening your door to hear a knock at the front door.

Y/N: That The Man again?

You open the door to see a little girl, it looked as if she were made of shadow.

Y/N: Umm... who are you?

You looked down and watched her look up into your eyes.

???: Umm... I don't have one... I did something bad... again...

Y/N: What do you mean?

???: I ran away from... well everything at a young age... I'm older than I look, trust me...

Y/N: Okay... so what's happened?

???: Well, this is just my true form, but we've met before. I can shapeshift. I'm practically made out of this dark, shadow.

Y/N: So... are you turning yourself in?

???: Yeah... I needed somewhere to stay, I'm a bit like a symbiote too.

Y/N: Oh... so another's body...

???: Yeah. So I entered the body of a hero... I took control, played the villain... then I tried to act all dark and mysterious to try to get myself out of this deeper hole I was digging...

Y/N: So... you framed Sabre?

???: I did... please don't kill me...

You took a deep breath in, stifling the immediate anger.

Y/N: Well, in that case, I can get Sabre out...

???: Please don't get me imprisoned!

She closed her eyes, with black, shadowy tears coming from the yellow, glowing eyes.

Y/N: I won't. I'm getting my friend out, I'll say it was an anonymous tip that he was framed. They'll investigate for a little while, then never talk about it again. I don't think Sabre will get his license back, but that's fine.

???: Really?

Y/N: Sure. You didn't mean for it to go this far.

Rei: Wait... why did you-?

???: Oh... I was having a little fun, playing villain... I didn't think anyone was going to find me...

Rei: Eh. That's alright kiddo.

???: I'm older than both of you.

Y/N: Really?

???: This is just my true form, it can't really change.

Y/N: Anyways, I'll take you in.

???: Oh I have all my own stuff, I'm fine, I just need a body to inhabit, half the time. I tend to get lethargic moving around in my true form.

Y/N: Well... I can let you in. Just don't take control, okay?

???: That's okay. I won't. Just make sure I'm not there at night, I tend to lose control of myself.

Y/N: Alright. I can let you in, I'll go get Sabre and we can pretend it never happened.

???: Thank you! I won't forget it. I can even help you in combat! I'm really good! I have this bird form I like to use.

Y/N: Bird form?

???: Yeah...

Her eyes half close and she yawns before hanging her hands low.

Y/N: You need rest?

???: I'll just...

She dissipates into a cloud of smoke that nears you before seemingly dispersing.

Y/N: Umm...

???: So... you gonna name me?

Y/N: Uh... I don't know.

???: Please?

Y/N: I'll do it when I come up with something.

You walk out of the house, to the agency, making the calls and claims you needed, soon enough, Sabre would walk free.

???: You did that all in one day?

Yeah. Why?

You'd found out fairly quickly that she could read your mind, but only the surface thoughts.

???: I thought it would take longer.

Well, that's just re-opening the case. The hard work is still ahead.

???: Alright.

It was then that you walked past an alleyway and heard some gruff voices, they seemed to be trying to hide something.

All of them were easily shorter than you, and all wore rags, their eyes hyper alert.

Junkies...

???: Watch this! I can deal with them.

Don't you need rest?

???: I'm fine.

Well, maybe we don't need to fi-

All of them reveal knives, before slowly approaching, trying to encircle you.

Do it.

With the word, she comes out in her surprisingly familiar bird head form, bringing up two fists, and slamming them down on top of the criminals, sending most flying into the walls of nearby buildings.

She stretches away from your body, the line between both becoming thinner as she delivers a punch to the face of a fear-frozen criminal.

She moves up and back inside you to reveal the last one, wielding a pistol, kicking into gear, you blast flames from your hands, melting the weapon, and sending the criminal back, where your new partner extends forward delivering the last punch.

You really do know how to fight.

???: Thanks.

Oh. I think I've got a name for you.

???: Oh! Thank you!

You could feel her jumping around.

I think I'll call you Dark Shadow.

Dark Shadow: That's a nice name...