Pt. 11 No Time Like The Present

You walk in, only a weak smile on your face when you greet Rei, she held a guitar in her hands as she strummed the strings and skilfully changed chords, giving a sweet melody.

Y/N: Rei... what are you doing here? Did we have a date or something?

Rei: Aww.

She puts the guitar aside and opens her arms.

Rei: You had a rough day. I'm not gonna let you suffer such a horrid day without me at your side.

Y/N: Umm... thanks you.

Your arms dropped down and you sat at her side.

Y/N: I know it's not Sabre-

Rei: Shhh.

She put a hand on your cheek and the other rubbing the top of your head.

Rei: You don't have to worry about that now, you will be able to do this, I know you will.

Y/N: Exactly... so I have-

Rei: Not now. Look... just bask in this moment with me.

Y/N: Are you sure?

Rei: Yes. Please. It pains me to see you like this, just rest.

Y/N: Umm... alright.

Rei: You have something on your mind. I can tell, let it go.

Y/N: C-can I... umm... cuddle you tonight?

Rei: Of course you can.

She brings you to her side and you hold her waist, pushing your face into the back of her shoulder.

Y/N: Sorry it's so tight... I just-

Rei: I understand, relax here? For me?

Y/N: Alright...

Rei: That's it. You're lovely, you do know that, right?

Y/N: Well... not really.

Rei turns to face you, cupping your cheek as she smiles warmly.

Rei: Trust me. You're the kindest man I could ask for.

Y/N: You really sure?

Rei: As sure as I can be.

Y/N: Thank you... it means quite a lot to me... actually.

Rei: Aww. You big soft hunk.

Y/N: Yeah...

Rei: Y/N. I've seen you looking at my lips for a while now. You need a kiss?

Y/N: I- yes... I was going to ask but...

Rei: You don't need to be nervous.

She pulls your head in, with your hand coming up to meet her soft cheek as the two of you engage in a soft kiss. Her lips press into your own for a few seconds before she pulls off and looks deeply into your eyes.

Y/N: Thank you.

Rei: It's okay.

She chuckles and stands up, with your arms still around her waist.

Rei: You are really cute, you know that?

Y/N: Really?

You ask, now also stood up and holding on still.

Rei: You really are.

Y/N: Is this... too much?

You were about to release your hold until she pulled you back in and whispered into your ear.

Rei: It's not too much.

Y/N: Alright. I-

Rei: You don't need to explain yourself.

Y/N: Okay... I'm scared to lose you is all.

Rei: Well, you're not going to any time soon.

Y/N: That's good...

Rei: Let's head to bed, okay?

Y/N: Heh. I guess.

Rei: He'll be fine. Don't you worry, you're gonna find out who really did it.

Y/N: I don't get it. I was swapped out to acquire an easy life. That's what I was promised.

Rei: Or perhaps a path that could be moulded to your liking.

Y/N: That... makes sense... I was stuck in a dead end job that borderlined on unsafe and inhumane. There was nowhere else to go... it is a blessing for sure... a healthy body, power and... money... the touch of a woman's hand-

You suddenly stopped and tensed.

Y/N: W-wait... I didn't mean that!

Rei: You didn't mean what honey?

Y/N: I said touch of a woman's hand... does that... not anger you like I thought it would?

Rei: Flame... I know what you mean.

Y/N: Okay... just... you know I would never... hold anyone else in my arms... as lovingly as I do with you.

Rei: I know. And not because of what I would do either, in fact, every time I ever thought about it... the woman trying to seduce you ends in a very bad way...

Y/N: You thought about it?

Rei: I'm not sure if it's a me thing, or an everyone thing, but yes, and I've had the comfort of knowing that I'm yours and you're mine.

Y/N: That's right.

Rei: But hey, let's not think about what already happened. It's the moment now, and that moment is here. With you. And me.

She turns and faces you as she says the last phrase, and looks deeply into your eyes.

Rei: With that. Let's head to bed honey. You've had a rough day.

Y/N: I have... I'm supposed to be strong for you..

Rei: Don't worry yourself. You've just lost your friend.

Y/N: And?

Rei: It is hard, even the strongest of us fall under that crushing weight. You will always be my hero.

Y/N: Thanks... I love you.

Rei: Love you too.

You picked her up by the waist and put her in the bed, face up, before getting into the bed yourself. She turned to see you, and smiled warmly as her arms went out to you.

You smiled back and put your arms around her and were soon enough, locked in each other's gaze.

Y/N: You're... so... umm..,

Rei: Say it. It doesn't matter what it is.

Y/N: Beautiful.

Rei: Aww. I really don't get you sometimes. You say the sweetest things and see wrong in them. I will say this, you are enough for me. In fact, even more so. You need to relax more, that's all, but that comes with time.

Y/N: Thank you... I'm blessed to have you, I really am.

Rei: Thank you... you're so sweet, now, are we going to lock eyes forever or kiss finally?

Y/N: I would like the second option.., if that's-

She slams her lips into your own before letting up and becoming slower and softer with it, she then went with a bit of tongue, surprising you.

You opened up and kissed back with just as much tongue.

You kept like that, with two tongues gliding over each other in a sort of dance, for about as long as you could hold your breath.

How long was that? You weren't sure.