Pt. 7 Sabre's Return

The next day you saw Sabre, he looked a bit worse for wear.

Y/N: Sabre, you okay?

Sabre: Me? Yeah. Fine.

His eye bags dropped down to the bottom of his socket, the lids of them staying half-open.

Y/N: Are you sure?

Sabre: Yeah. I'm fine.

You saw a few marks on his face, possible burn marks and bruises.

Of course, he wasn't going to talk.

You got on with your work and came back to the agency to see Sabre pinning small pins to boards.

White hair lady had a pin on it with a red string to another pin, to villain, fire quirk.

You looked at him, tilting your head.

Sabre looked back at you, smiling weakly.

Sabre: Yeah, I'm trying to get this girl back, she was kidnapped, and I came across a villain with a fire quirk who kicked my ass. I'm trying to find them.

Shit. What is this? Something is up. I kicked the ass of some guy with a similar quirk to him and he got his ass kicked by someone with a fire quirk, what the hell? What a fucking coincidence.

Y/N: Well, I hope you find her.

You go out of the room, the thoughts and coincidences shooting through your mind like a battle on the high seas.

The notion of a white haired female shot through your mind, faster than any of Sabre's hands. Your eyes widen as you freeze, soon after, the thought dissipated as Rei walked towards you.

You struggle not to run towards her, as she nears you, you speak.

Y/N: Um.. okay. So, I am really, really glad to see you.

Rei: Did something happen?

Y/N: A villain with a fire quirk has apparently kidnapped a white haired woman, Sabre is after him.

Rei: Okay. Do you need anything?

Y/N: Umm... can you come with me to my place? I'm not going to try anything, I'm just, a bit scattered about what the hell has gone on.

Rei: You want to hug me, don't you? You were worried about me all day, weren't you?

Y/N: I... would... like one. If that's okay... with you.

Rei: That is a-ok with me.

She gets close to you, putting hands on your shoulders, a challenge with your height difference but a task you made easy enough. She pulled you in as you rested your head on her shoulder.

Washi and Sabre walked out together, their voices sounded almost the same.

Sabre: Fucker melted my sword. Should be a week before I get a new one.

Washi: He must've got you good.

He almost said in a tone that screamed out for help.

Y/N: The hell?

You were too enthused by your hug to really think about it.

You took Rei to your home and cuddled with her for a few minutes.

Y/N: I'm glad he didn't get you.

Rei: It's okay. I'm fine, especially thanks to you.

Y/N: He mentioned white hair and all I could think of was you.

You hear a knock at the door, you go to answer and find that mysterious man again.

The Man: So... um... you see. Enji kind of made a mess of your old life.

Y/N: Okay...

The Man: By our decision, we kind of realised that its best for you to stay in this world, however, in this body, you can freely go between worlds.

Y/N: To be honest, I don't think I do.

The Man: Well, make yourself comfortable here, because Enji will never return to this body.

Y/N: Thanks for the confirmation man, I'll see you later, I guess.

He had already disappeared.

Y/N: That was odd.

Rei walked to be beside you.

Y/N: That man just told me that I'm staying in this body, because the guy who was here, he made a mess of my old life.

Rei: So, the man I see right now? You're never gonna turn into someone else?

Y/N: Yes.

Rei: Bend down a bit.

You do so, finding it a little strange.

Y/N: So you wanted to tell-

She slams her lips into yours, your eyes widen, and you instinctively move back. She holds the back of your head. You shake.

What? H-how? Why would she want this?

She pulls back, looking at your starstruck eyes and agape mouth.

Rei: What?

Y/N: I-I never expected that.

Rei: I think now is a good time to tell you. I fucking love you, I'm no fool, though. When you told me that there was a possibility that an abusive asshole could take your body, I was all like, fuck this shit, I'm out.

Y/N: But... you love me.. the guy inside this body... I wonder.. would you even like my old body?

Rei: It's all about how I'm treated.

She drags you to the bed and sits down, all while holding your hand.

The irony, she warmed your hand and heart, though she had ice as her quirk, and fire as yours.

She looked up at you as you tried to figure it all out. Why would she ever love you? Then again, you hadn't gotten used to the fact that you were an idol, women wanted you and men wanted to be you. You weren't some random in a bottom end job going nowhere, you were in the big league, the upper crust.

Y/N: You love me because of... how I treat you, right?

You said, holding her hand with both of yours.

Rei: Well, yes.

Y/N: Alright. You okay with me holding your hand like this? I'm not going on too tight, am I?

Rei: Y/N, was it? Calm down. Slow down, deep breaths. I'm your first girlfriend, aren't I?

You simply nod.

Rei: All right. I'll take this slow.

You shake as she holds onto you. She lets your back feel her ironically warm touch, one that spread throughout you, breaking down the chains of your old world, letting you relax for the first time in well, forever.