Author's Notes (IMPORTANT)

Before you continue, I want to re-emphasize the warnings I've put in the description: this fanfic can be very slow-paced at times. And you must expect to see major spoilers from mainly LN, anime, manga, and a little bit mix of WN if you haven't watched/read any of those.

1. The story plots of the first two arcs are based on my previous fanfic, which in itself was inspired by another fanfic titled "The New Story – That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime!" written by Kirikachan01. However, this time, I made major plot changes which would consequently make this fanfic much less similar to Kirika-sama's work compared to my previous fanfic.

2. The theories regarding the aftermath of Tenma Great War will be used less as well, since we don't even reach the conclusion of the final battle before the fanfic storyline.

3. I created my own theories regarding the world, the system, etc. that I might or will use in this fanfic. Those theories, however, are only for this fanfic's sake, and therefore shall not be taken as a reliable information source for the continuation of the original LN.

Oh, and beware that I have a tendency to sometimes insert some physics theories whenever I see the chance, so if you don't like this kind of thing, just scroll over it. :P

4.  If you pay attention, actually there are quite many differences in plots among the LN, manga, and anime. Similar to my previous fanfic, as for the canon story I use as the base for this fanfic, I take the majority from the LN, with a little bit mixing from the manga and anime. I also take some aspects from the WN.

I often deliberately mix scenes from LN, anime, manga, and sometimes even spin-offs at the same time, especially if there are some differences in story telling and sequence of events. So, if you read some parts that were seemingly based on LN, some others on manga, some others again on anime all in the same chapter, please don't be confused.

Keep in mind that this fanfic is mainly based on LN, so please don't bring out WN materials unless you know exactly what and when to talk.

5. The name spellings I use might be different from what you are usually familiar with. I use the spellings which I think as the most suitable and "cool" (perhaps). I mostly use the official spellings, but you will see me using the spellings which are rarely or possibly never used. The most obvious example in my previous fanfic is when I spelled "Ellen" while almost all other fanfic writers would spell it as "Eren" in accordance with the official spellings.

6. Due to my quite busy schedule as a student and as the so-called "competition boy" (Indonesian: anak lomba), I've tried my best to adjust my time so I can cover all of my important activities while still retaining free time for hobbies and things alike. But it obviously comes with a consequence: I'll not be able to get very much free time, and therefore please don't, and I mean don't expect me to update this fanfic soon. It can vary from once a week, once in two weeks, or even once a month.

7. I've tried my best to learn grammar and punctuation, and even have been surfing here and there about how to make a novel story. But, if you still find annoying grammar mistakes anywhere and I haven't revised it, please do tell me.

~~~

As some of you might've known, I had formally discontinued one of my fanfics with the title "Regrets and Wishes: To the Parallel Past" with several reasons. I said in my announcement there that "...if I ever get my motivation back, I will definitely continue it."

I slowly gathered my motivation back and now here I am. But sadly, I am not going to continue "To the Parallel Past" and instead start a new book "One More Chance".

My motivation as to why writing a new book instead of continuing the old one, it is because I found fatal flaws in my old fanfiction, which cannot be fixed anymore. What I really mean: it doesn't quite make sense for Rimuru to just create a parallel universe then go into it out of boredom and for fun. Looking at his personality, Rimuru is that kind of person who'd do those extreme things only if he had no other choices.

"Regrets and Wishes: One More Chance" is intended to be a complete rewrite of "Regrets and Wishes: To the Parallel Past" with all brand-new premise, altered characterization, and some major changes to the storyline while still holding the same essence in its core.

The new premise was inspired by another fanfic I've read a long time ago, so long ago that I sadly forgot whether it was an Indonesian or English fanfic.

Since Rimuru in this story for "some reason" cannot go back to the fight to defeat "him" or even meet the real "him", Rimuru hasn't gained [Raphael, Lord of Knowledge], [Ahura Mazda, Lord of Creation], [Akashic Records, Lord of Information] (the evolved form of [Ahura Mazda]), and the Absolute Authorities over the World, which makes him way less OP than Rimuru was in my previous fanfic.

(A.N., Raphael the Lord of Knowledge is not the same thing as Raphael the Lord of Wisdom, even if their skill names are the same. Just like how Yog-Sothoth can be both Lord of Space-TIme and God of Space-Time, but they weren't exactly the same skill)

The progress of the romance has also been notably changed. Ah, a warning: the romance will most likely be a vanilla, so don't expect a lot of relationship dramas, and never expect a love triangle, quadrilateral, pentagon, and any kind of love more-sided-polygons (a.k.a. harem), okay? Why? Simple, I tend to hate heavy dramas, those envy-jealousy kinda stuffs, and NTRs. ;D

...

...

Right, right, I'm going to be honest. It's actually because I never am good at writing romance, nor do I understand what romance really is. You know, like... I've never been involved in a romantic relationship(s). Not even a damn once. All I've ever done is seeing other people in such relationship.

...

I was being honest when I said I hate NTRs, though.

Anyway, the romance stuff is inspired by a manga, now having been adapted to an anime, "Taishō Otome Otogibanashi" or "Taisho Otome Fairy Tale". If you're into that kind of thing, I might as well recommend it. In fact, I really recommend it.

Rimuru will get a quite different personality. He'll be less comedic and less "childish" compared to my previous fanfic. Why? You will know later on. He still hates paperwork in the deepest part of his heart, though. (LOL)

Anyway, I hope you'll like this story and please don't forget to vote. :)

Regards,

The Author,
Juan T. Hachigatsu