Chapter 10 - Partner for Eternity

This chapter would be longer than usual.

And this whole chapter is dedicated for romance. (This is just a prior warning)

From now on, a new chapter will normally be published at 21:00 UTC+7 (or 14:00 GMT/UTC+0). But the schedule is still uncertain. What I'm saying is: the date of publication can vary, but the time is fixed at 21:00 UTC+7, except some circumstances force me to do otherwise. This conclusion was taken in accordance with the data of readers' active times that I've collected before.

~~~

10章 永遠の相棒

(Rimuru's Perspective)

"We will take our leave," I say, taking Ciel-san's hand. We walk to the door then opens it. "Then, excuse us."

We begin to take a step outside and say no more words to them.

When we arrive at a quiet alley, I stop my track.

"Master?" 

"Wait for a moment. I have something important to do."

I take a black orb out of my "pocket". As soon as I start imagining a crow inside my mind, the orb begins to glow then floating from my palm, forming a shape exactly as what I'm imagining.

It is a "Master Core", an orb that I used to play with to create a monster that I want. When combined with an "Emulated Soul" projected by my soul, the monster will be my avatar completely under my control, thus it will become an "Avatar Core". But I don't need an Avatar Core right now.

I bend my left elbow then raise my left hand and move it so that my entire left hand is at the same level with my shoulder, my fist in front of my chest. The crow that I've just created lands on the back of my left hand.

I let my right hand go of Ciel-san's hand. I take another thing out of my pocket. This time, I take out a small piece of paper painted with a rune pattern then magically stick it on its neck.

The ink used to paint the rune is made of a magical ink created by combining regular ink and magical potions in a special process. The ink helps increasing the magical potions' adhesivity to the paper, making it easier to be absorbed by the paper. That way, even a paper can be used as a medium to trigger magic.

It goes without saying that only certain types of magic can be triggered on a paper like this. Trigger a fire magic and your paper is a goner. Of all types of magic, I figure out that illusion magic works best with it.

I focus my magicules and let it flow to the paper to immediately trigger the inscribed spell, which is a concealment magic spell. Needless to say, I am still able to see it through.

"Now," I say to the crow, "please go and watch over them. Should things take a turn for the worst, come back at once."

The crow flies from my hand, quietly heading to a certain place to watch over certain people.

"Let's go." I retake Ciel-san's hand and continue walking.

"Is it for watching 'them'?" she asks.

"Yeah. 'he' has a grudge against them, after all. He might do anything to corner them in front of their king. While the probability is quite low, it is never zero."

We continue walking until we get into a sort of commercial area not so far away. There are many shops and stalls that offer various kinds of things from food to accessories. There are some inns, restaurants, and cafés. There are also shops that are selling weapons, armours, jewelleries, etc.