Chapter 3 - To the Next Milestone

~~~

第3章 次の節目へ

In a vast space isolated deep in the midst of darkness occupying the Sealed Cave, lit only by the glittering stones scattered all around the place, a dragon is there, trapped all alone. A transparent barrier surrounding him has always been preventing him from ever touching the other side of it, let alone breaking free from it.

He is said to be one of the only four True Dragons—the highest existences and the most complete spiritual lifeforms known in the world—and yet he cannot do so much. Almost all of his abilities are sealed along with him.

Around three hundred years have passed since he was imprisoned by a hero. Within that long period of time, he lived a boring, monotonous life. There was no friend, not even a passer-by to talk with. 

The unchanging boredom is so crushing; he's ready to welcome the coming oblivion.

It serves as a befitting penance for his misdeed, for having destroyed a town who had nothing to do with him. But in reality, he thought that what he did was just for fun. Never once did he seem to regret it. Not even in the tiniest bit.

Such personality is the very reason why he never gets a friend in the first place, and instead gets a lot of enemies. Even one of the biggest religions which the humans in the world are following has declared him as their enemy.

However, while it is quite understandable why no one bothers to visit him, not even a mindless monster dares to approach him. It is because he is constantly emitting aura. His aura is so rich and powerful, accompanied with a tremendous density of magicules. Very few can stand in his presence. Even in his currently-imprisoned state, a lower-level monster totally cannot approach near him.

One of the True Dragons, known for having been destroying lands as he pleases to relieve his boredom—he is none other than Veldora, the one who bears the title of the Storm Dragon.

Two silhouettes taking the form of humanoids, holding each other's hands can be seen from distance, walking a path straight to where he is sealed. He feels no aura coming from them, hinting that those figures perhaps are just ordinary humans.

But it doesn't make sense at all—so he thinks.

With the exception of some special individuals and those who have developed immunity, humans are generally susceptible to magicules. Being exposed to a high concentration of magicules for too long can fatally poison and kill them. 

Yet, those figures seem not to show any special characteristics. 

He was just about to try using his [Analysis and Appraisal] ability of his unique skill [Inquirer], but then he remembered that his skills are sealed and hence cannot be used. But he knows for sure that they are not ordinary fellows. The fact that they can walk normally near him without any hints of fear is very remarkable.

His fight with the hero of the past has changed him in a way. He is no longer one of those fools who would easily disregard those important details just because of their deceiving outer looks.

As they come closer with each step, their appearances become clearer to see.

Their petite statures, slender figures, snow-white skins, bewitching faces, silky silver hair with a faint shade of blue reaching their waists, and deep-crimson dainty lips—such ethereal, otherworldly beauties that no one has ever seen.

They both have an exact appearance from almost all aspects; one would actually believe it if told that they were twin sisters. Their eyes are the only things which are different. One of them has lustrous gold eyes, while the other one has gleaming red eyes.