Prologue - Chrono Saltation

The first arc, "Beginning of New Journey Arc", has begun.
第1編、「新旅初頭編」が始まりました

~~~

序章  時空跳激震覇(クロノサルテーション)

The world is in chaos. Both in the earth and in the heaven, battles are everywhere. From Damargania in the west to the Nasca Namrium Ulmeria United Eastern Empire in the east, the earth's remaining forces are fighting the heaven's. Collapsed buildings, burning cities, seas of blood, and piles of corpses—all are just an ordinary view at this point across the world.

This is to be expected, for the heaven and the earth have fallen into a great war, just like what always happened since a long time ago every five hundred years. A great war between the demons and monsters against the army of angels—the Tenma Great War.

While the word "Tenma" from its origin simply means "Heaven-and-Demon", it doesn't necessarily mean that demons were the only ones targeted by the angels. In fact, the so-called too-advanced civilization is also the target of this war.

What has no one expected, however, it is that the Tenma Great War this time is far, far greater than the previous Tenma Great Wars, that not even the previous Tenma Great Wars combined would even reach near this.

The Battle of El Dorado had taken place before the war was formally declared. As the result of the battle, Yuuki Kagurazaka and Laplace, formerly known as Sarion Grimwald, both lost their lives protecting their friends, Tear and Kagali, from the attack launched by Jahil the Great Magician.

Demon Lord Leon Cromwell and Silvia El-Ru on the other hand was still fighting in a very fierce battle. Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest and his subordinate Benimaru, who just arrived at the time, immediately split up and went to their respective target.

Rimuru's fight against Feldway the Phantom King ended in stalemate. Even Rimuru's [Turn Null] can't do any damage against Feldway's [Castle Guard], while Feldway himself couldn't do any damage to Rimuru, because once he made a hostile movement, the [Castle Guard] would deactivate on itself. These clashes between one of the strongest attacks and one of the strongest defences in the world caused huge shockwaves, shaking the earth and the heaven.

Meanwhile on the other side, Jahil firstly was able to corner Benimaru with his spear which was created by Human God (Ancestor). He was able to inflict a considerable amount of damage to Benimaru. Benimaru stayed calm and kept observing his enemy's movement as he waited for him to show an opening, just as his master taught him.

After a restless battle for almost one day one night, Benimaru managed to emerge victorious against Jahil with a very close call. He nearly exhausted all of his energy even though he was already an Awakened Demon Lord. 

With the death of Jahil, the situation began to get unfavourable for Feldway. It was now two against three. 

It's actually not big a deal for him, as long as his [Castle Guard] is activated. But he sensed a very bad omen. He could almost be certain that he just heard a cracking sound coming from his [Castle Guard].

Noticing his horrible luck and not wanting to bet in his survival, he ran away from the battlefield by teleporting. This chance was used by Rimuru to completely cut off the domination placed upon Leon.

On the Day of Armageddon, a huge image was projected to the sky. A blonde-haired man with red eyes in the projection opened his mouth dignifiedly.

"I am Michael, the one who brings justice to the world. Today, on this day and at this time, I declare a war to the residents of the entire world, for this world has taken my master from me. Try to run with all your might, clinging to your meaningless lives, as you are being sacrificed to resurrect Lord Veldanava the Creator. Let the Armageddon begin!"