[09/01 2022] Letter of Withdrawal

September 1st, 2022

Dear readers,

Almost another month has passed after I published the latest chapter on the night of my birthday, huh? Yeah, I know. You've been waiting for the next chapter and been expecting this latest upload to be the next chapter, have you? I'm sorry, but I'm sad to say, this is not what you might wish for.

As you may have inferred from the title, this is indeed an announcement of my hiatus. This is, however, not a hiatus specifically for this fanfic only as I always did before. Instead, this is my hiatus as a fanfic author. I'm going to "withdraw" myself from writing and possibly also reading fanfictions, effectively meaning that I'm going to go into an indefinite hiatus as author. This applies not only to Wattpad, but also to fanfiction.net where I've been cross-posting this fanfic.

This decision was made through many considerations. All of you who've been following this story since long ago must've known my tendency of procrastinating and getting distracted, so I believe I don't need to explain it further. I've also lost my entire motivation for writing fanfictions, that's a given since this whole thing is about me about to "take an indefinite rest" from writing fanfictions.

All of this took its root back when I decided to join a server intended for learning many things, especially science. There, I met and talked with many amazing new friends. After spending more and more time, talking, discussing with them while also helping other fellow students, it finally re-sparked my dormant interest and passion for science, especially for physics and math.

But of course, it also comes with a "side effect". As my passion for science re-emerged, my passion for fictions was getting dimmer and dimmer until it finally became nothing but left-out smoke and ashes. It's been months since the last time I rewatch an anime and reread a manga and light novel out of my own will, including Tensura. I've forgotten many detail of the story that are supposed to be crucial to the storyline, yet I have no intention at all to read it all over again.

It's not that Tensura disappoints me in some way or what. It's just that I've lost almost all my interest in fictional stories in general. Currently, I'm following only one on-going anime: "Parallel World Pharmacy" is the title, if you're curious. And even then, the first thing that appealed me to this anime, later manga and finally light/web novel, is not really the story itself, but about how science (specifically pharmacology) is incorporated throughout the story.

Why did I always specify "writing fanfictions" before? It's because, while my passion for fanfiction has practically diminished, my passion for writing still remains the same. What I mean by that is, after this, I'll merely shift my focus on writing from fanfictions to my own personal project that doesn't have anything to do with fanfictions. What is this personal project I'm talking about? Look at the sample picture below and I'm sure you'll understand just in seconds.

But, you know what? Not even this project will be safe from the combination of my schedule, accidental mood swing, and tendency to just throw away the thing I'm working on merely for something that appeals me more

But, you know what? Not even this project will be safe from the combination of my schedule, accidental mood swing, and tendency to just throw away the thing I'm working on merely for something that appeals me more. I don't even know if I can truly finish it someday. But I do hope I can, because it has always been my dream to become an educator in some way or another.

Well, that's about it. Saying thank you very much, no matter how much is it, would not be enough. But still, I say billions of thanks for all of your love, support, love, and kind comments. There's no way I could reach this far without all of you. Let us see each other again here, someday when I've finally regained a reason to continue my fanfiction.

Au revoir!

Regards,

The author,
Juan T. Hachigatsu.

[EDIT: So yeah, unfortunately I did end up leaving that book project. But worry not, I am still immersed in physics and math the same way I was before.]