Chapter 13 - Truth in Royal Court

~~~

13章 王立裁判所での真実

According to the spreading rumours and gossips, there were these two mysterious twin-looking beauties with bluish-silver long straight hair. On the outside, they looked like some delicate girls. They were seen many times by different people happily talking to each other with such captivating smiles that were able to make even girls blush at this sight.

Even though Dwargon is one of the safest countries in the world, it doesn't mean the criminal rate is absolute zero. No matter where it is, there will always be some trashes of society who wish for nothing but the suffering of the others, thinking that it is fun to see.

With such elegant outfits combined with their exquisite faces, one would naturally suppose that they were daughters of some wealthy nobles of the highest-class. 

Assuming that daughters of nobles are never trained physically as they usually live a relatively easy life, able to get what they want much more easily, some malicious people—those who were never caught once and had been wanted criminals since a long time—thought that they were easy targets as they were supposed to be unable to do anything beside screaming and crying. 

Some more extreme thieves even thought to kill them in dark, loot them, than hide their corpses somewhere in someplace known to no one. Some immoral predators thought they will make a great "partner" on the beds. All in all, the twins appeared to be an easy prey to those with malevolence. 

But the reality: they weren't. Many claimed that they had witnessed the twins handing over the already black-and-blue, tied-up thieves and sometimes predators to nearby security post office, with the twins having not a single scratch on their clothes. But, because almost no one knows their real names, they are more famously known as the "Deceptive Twins", since their outer appearance always fools those who try to exploit them.

The sky is dark. It is already night, yet the city is so lively. The street lamps along the alley are shining brightly. A lot of people are passing by the roads, bursting with joy and excitement.

Among the passers-by are the Deceptive Twins themselves: Rimuru and Ciel. No one knows how long have they been spending time, going around the city, walking here and there, seeing this and that, sometimes buying stuff, eating, etc.

Earlier, they went to a flower shop.

It was a fortunate circumstance for the flower shops. A lot of flowers were blooming since the spring season had come for a while. There were so many to choose.

Out of all flowers that they saw, one particular group of flowers caught their eyes. They were cute little flowers with the colour of light blue that was reminiscent of their own hair colour.

Those flowers were popularly known as forget-me-nots, which as the name implied, symbolized a promise that one would always remember the person to whom the flower was given, and would keep him or her in one's thought so long as one kept living on—a symbol of fidelity and faithfulness. That symbolism was in the line with what they wished for and what they genuinely felt towards each other. 

They bought a bunch of them together complete with a beautiful vase, symbolizing their promise that each one of them would not ever forget the other and would keep treasuring the other in each one's heart even when they were not together in physical sense. Apart from the flowers, they also bought some seeds to plant later on their future garden.

It was a touching moment between two partners.

...

Moving a bit to the north, in the centre of Central Capital, standing tall is the luxurious Royal Palace of Dwargon.