Chapter 21 - Secret

INFO: This chapter is released at the same time with the 22nd chapter as a double release. Make sure to also check it out after reading this chapter.

~~~

21章 秘密

(Ciel's Perspective)

The very first thing I feel is a rather smooth-textured fabric accompanied with a warmth that is covering my face. A certain hand is gently, warmly pressing against my upper back.

Opening my eyelids, I slightly bring my head away to see who is this person right in front of me. This person has the same bluish silver hair colour and the same androgynous face as me, although leaning a bit more to the masculine side whereas mine is leaning a bit more to the feminine side.

To say that this person has the same hair and face as me is not quite correct. It is I who have the same hair and face as him. After all, this body I am currently using right now is not really mine, but rather this person's [Multiple Parallel Existence].

"Master..." I murmur unconsciously.

He is none other than the most precious person ever in my life: my dearest master, Master Rimuru.

...

The first thing that comes to my mind is about what happened last night.

Looking back, it was a very rough time for me. I remember every word that Master said, from the most harsh-sounding one to the most heart-touching one. I remember everything that Master did, from the most rage-inciting one to the most mind-soothing one. I remember every single thing that happened last night.

After Master had apologized for the second time, one of the first things he said to me was so horrendous. A sudden burst of anger filled my mind; I began to be unable to think clearly.

With a joking tone, he casually listed the names of all girls and women whom he might get really close to. I still managed to hold myself back, although my aura started to leak out. But I didn't try to suppress it, because I wanted to see if Master would still dare to continue even after this intimidation.

And he did! He happily talked about how he would make a harem after he became a king someday, while I was listening right next to him. And he did all of this right after he had apologized, making it sound as if he apologized just to mock me! How could I stand such abomination? Of course, I could not!

Losing control over myself, I...grabbed Master's clothes on the collar and pulled his whole body towards me. With a raspy voice, I begged him to stop this charade. I begged him to stop trampling on the hope I had built so high.

Without any filters from my rational judgement, I verbalized every thought I had, declaring right to Master's face that he was mine and solely mine, and therefore I would not allow other girls to get closer to him. To the point that...I actually threatened Master...that if he still dared to any of those things he had said before, I would do something that he would absolutely regret for the rest of his life.

"That's the answer I've been waiting to come from you, Ciel."

I was utterly baffled by his unexpected final answer. My body and mind froze yet again. The power of my grip on his collar weakened. With widened eyes, I looked at Master, totally stunned and confused. He was only smiling warmly at me, his right hand on my left cheek.

We remained like this for a moment.

Master lifted his other hand, placing it on my right cheek. Using both thumbs, he wiped the tears that I didn't know were even there on my eyes.