The Full Moon

Just as Hermione went to pour the memory for their fourth year, she went dizzy and light-headed and rocked off her feet, only for Sirius to catch her.
"Wooo, watch yourself there, kitten; maybe we should leave it, considering the full moon is tonight" Hermione nodded slowly, leaning into Sirius's hold.

"Is there anything we may need to know now, Mia? " Dumbledore asked her in a calm and gentle tone. She just slowly nodded her head.

"Yes, Vol... Tom made Hoxcures; there would be 5. They need to be destroyed if they aren't, then he will be able to come back."

Everyone's face filled with surprise and some shock. Dumbledore didn't know how to look. Dumbledore fell into his seat with a look of horror on his face, some others had the same look, but a few did understand what was wrong. Moody was the first to speak.

"Do ya know what they are then, lass" his voice was still gruffed but slightly shaky

Sitting back in her chair with Sirius's arm still around her, " Yes, I do. I will write a list, but I know that one is in the school, The lost diadem of Ravenclaw; it is in the room of requirement or the come and go room." Hermione spoke as she wrote a list down and paused.

"Sirius, umm, I haven't even asked what year it is."

"Well, it is 1980; why, what's wrong, Mia " her face changed as she looked at him with such worry.

"I know where another one is then, Sirius am so sorry, but Regulus is well. He died getting one of the Horcruxes trying to stop Tom. Kreacher has it. " She looked deep into his eyes as she watched him try to work out what she had just said. He stood, taking a breath.

"What is it, the thing " you could tell h was hiding his emotions

"A locket with a snake on it, " her voice shaky as she looks up at him; he nods and moves back slightly as he reappears. She looks down as she feels a hand on her shoulder and sees James, " He will be okay, just give him..." the sound of a loud crack cut him off as they all turned their wands out, standing with the locket in hand was Sirius, with a bloodied nose and burst lip.

"Well, my mother wasn't pleased to see me, but is it cuz it got a lot of dark magic coming off it"

"Yes, Fiendfyre can destroy it or basilisk venom, but it will need to be open; it can only be open with parseltongue."

"I understand you are tired, Mia, but can you stay and help open it? Once it is destroyed, you can go, and we will pick up where we left off after the full moon, and all" Hermione just nodded and waited as the rest of the order left, just leaving himself, James, Remus, Severus, Hermione, and Sirius.

"Once I open it, it will try and protect itself; whatever it shows isn't true; it will pick one person right; let's go."

Sirius put the locket on the floor and stood back as Hermione stepped forward, pulling out her wand and aiming at it; as it started to shake, she took a breath. "sssopsseanss."

Suddley black smoke came out of the locket and swirled around; standing there before Hermione was Harry. It starts to speak, " Hey darling, put that down. Come with me; we can be together again, as we are meant to be. You love me, don't you " Harry then turned to James smiling " Dad..."

Tears poured down, and she raised her wand. "I am sorry, NOW!" she shouts; everyone in the room fires their wands at the locket as it screams out. As they stopped the spell and controlled the fire, the Locket was still there but broken open. Hermione fell to her knee, tears running down her face. She felt arms around her as she looked; it was James, who also had tears in his eyes.

"It's okay, it's done now; let's get home, Lily will have some food ready, and then we can get ready for the full moon."

Before she said anything, she was cut off. " I have some wolfsbane potion available if you and Lupin would need any" Everyone looks shocked as they hear Severus offer to help them out; she smiles and nods at him. "I shall drop it off then, Potter; where can I drop it off " James looks at him and gives him their address before leaving with the rest of the group back at his leavening Dumbledore behind lost in his thoughts.

They arrived with a pop outside the Potter's home; they all slowly made their way inside to find Lily singing away while making food with baby Harry in his highchair, giggling to himself while playing with the Golden snitch Hermione gave James a few days ago. James let out a breath and smiled as he walked over to his wife, hugging her from behind. Hermione looked at Sirius as she took his hand and smiled at him.

"So I say we go for a smoke, leave these lovebirds to it, huh, Remus."

Sirius let out a little laugh, as did Remus, as the three walked outside and sat on the porch swing, lighting a smoke.

"So Mia, tell more about this bird that old Remus gets with them."

"Well, I don't think I should say too much you will see in the memories, but she was head over heels for you, Remus, and she fell in love with you while knowing you a werewolf; it kinda gives m hope to find someone" she looks at Sirius as she finishes speaking. He put his hand on hers rubbing her knuckles with his thumb; they heard a pop and saw Severus walking towards them; as the three stood up as James and Lily came out of the house, wands ready.

"Severus, what are you doing here... I mean, it's nice to see you," Lily strutted over her words.

"I am dropping off the potion for both Mrs...Mia and Lupin to help with tonight " he gave her a small smile in return.

"Thanks, sniv...Snape, why don't you join us for food? Lily made some extra," James spoke as he walked forward; everyone was shocked at the friendly gesture.

"Sadly, I must return to the castle tonight. Albus has some things for me to do, but maybe another time" he handed the potions off to the right people and shook James' hand and nodded his head to the rest, and was about to go when Lily spoke up.

"You're welcome any time, Sev; if you need healing or just want to chat, please, it would be nice to see you again" she walked over to the man and gave him a small hug which he slowly returned, not able to speak he just nodded his head and left with a pop.

They made their way back inside the home to get some food; both Hermione and Remus drank their potion, both making screwed-up faces as they drank it down. They looked down at their plates and saw they had a steak that was rare and bloody. Hermione couldn't help but lick her lips at the meal as everyone ate the dinner laughing and talking about her first years. The time came for them to go.

Lily hugged and kissed them all goodbye telling them to be safe as they all left for the shrieking shake for their transformation. Once there, they sat down and waited for the moon to rise; as it did, Hermione and Remus screamed as James and Sirius transformed. Once both wolves had transformed, they saw their friend Moony but next to him was a smaller wolf, not by much but still small, with light brown fur and golden eyes with a hint of brown in them. The small wolf looked up at Moony and whimpered slightly as Moony growled and showed his teeth. Hermione's wolf whimpered in submission and showed her neck, accepting Moony as her alpha. Once down, Padfoot made his way over and played bowed at the pair; Moony returned the bow and pushed Hermione with his head; with that, they played into the night, running after one another and playing fighting as they did, once they tired Moony lay down making sure Hermione was next to him as he protects the young pup now in his pack.

The sun has risen as Hermione and Remus wake up and cuddle with blankets around them. Once everyone was awake, they returned to the Potter cottage; as they walked in, their mouths watered as they smelled the cooked breakfast. To their shock, sitting at the table was Dumbledore.

"Ahh, Mia, I hope everything went okay. I was hoping you had that list for me."

"Yes, Albus, but I will talk more about it
I can show more memories today if people are available."

Dumbledore just smiled and nodded his head, agreeing to meet up in about an hour before he left.