Summer and a Dinner

"So this is the summer before my 5th year; this is where the order fuck up and caused my father's death." her voice cracked as she spoke.

Sirius put his hand on her thigh and stocked it with his thumb, letting her know he was there. Most people gave her a reassuring smile. Even Snape gave her a small smile, but Moody was still not trusting, and Dumberdore had a sad look. Taking a breath, she poured the memory.

They watched as Hermione held Harry on the train running her hand through his hair. Ron, Nevile, and Ginny sat across from them, not saying a word to each other during the ride home. The memory skipped to them getting off the train, and there waiting was Dr. Granger; as soon as he saw Harry, he pulled him in for a hug holding him tightly with tears in his own his; he pulled back and gave Harry a sad smile.
"I am so proud of you. Harry, you did your best, and that is all anyone can ask. You should never have had to go through that."

Harry's eyes filled with tears as he nodded his head. The three then left the station and made their way home.

As they arrived home, there was a woman with pink and purple hair next to her with Remus. As they approved them, Remus gave a smile.

"Harry, Hermione, Dr... David, we are here to watch you guys tonight and tomorrow morning; then someone else will take over, this Nymphadoras Tonks
" Nice to meet ya, Harry; Hermione wishes it was in a better way, but here we are. Please call me Tonks," she said with a smile and the last part while glaring and smirking at Remus.

As they watched the memory, Hermione looked at James, Sirius, and Remus. James and Sirius had big grins, while Remus blushed slightly.

They watched as the three sat down for a meal, and they watched Harry take some food out to Remus and Tonks.
The memory skipped the next day as Tonks and Remus left, and Mundungus Fletcher came to take over the watch.

"Moody had to talk to Dumbledore; he will be here soon," he spoke. Harry and Hermione just nodded, going back inside. They watch as three sit down for a movie, their backs to the door, watching the tv. The door blasted open the three jumped up. Harry and Hermione grabbed their wands; Dr. Granger opened the side unit drawer, got his gun, and pulled the kids down behide the couch.

"I have a gun, and I will shoot, " Dr. Granger shout

They heard a laugh and saw a spellfire above their heads before Harry or Hermione could react. Dr. Granger went on one knee, firing his Gun toward the men dressed in black. Taking one of them down, Hermione got up and was about fire a spell when she was hit, knocking her out.
Dr. Granger came back down and saw his daughter; he looked at Harry he grabbed him.

"Now listen, good Harry, I need you to get to the fireplace and take Hermione, no, no, don't worry about me. Tell her how much I love her. I love you too, Harry, and I couldn't be prouder to have you as my son-in-law. I am sure your father and mother would be so proud of you. Now go and get help but stay with Hermione, okay" Harry nodded quickly, hugging Dr. Granger.
As Harry grabbed Hermione, he saw, Her father jump up to open fire at the men in his house, Harry saw the red light him the man brought him to his knees, but Dr. Granger didn't stop shooting until he ran out of bullets, the green flames flared as he feels into the Burrow his eyes filled with tears.

He was holding Hermione tightly when Arthur ran over to Harry, and without hesitating, he ran to the floo with his wand out. Quickly kissing Molly on the cheek, he opened the floo to the Granger and fired a curse as he went through. Molly sends her patronus off to Dumbledore and the order.

They watched as Arthur and Dumbledore came back through the front door. Arthur had an injured arm and was walking with a limp.

"Now, Harry, it's not safe for you here. Let's get you back to your aunt's house."