Today Was a Fairytale

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

now it's getting so much clearer

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

BROOKLYN'S POV

I keep telling myself I need to get up but I'm too scared that when I walk out into the living room, the boys will be gone and I will have dreamt yesterday up in the furthest depths of my imagination.

That once in a lifetime feeling of having One Direction asleep in your living room? 

Yeah, it's paralyzing.

I still don't know how we got to this point.

Reagan is still asleep next to me and Devin and Hadley are also still asleep on the mountain of pillows and blankets they're laying on on the floor since I gave the air mattress to Niall. It's almost ten, so I'm fully ready to get out of bed, but I don't really know what I would do.

I have a feeling that the boys are not going to wake up anytime soon–or the girls, for that matter– so I should just go back to sleep, but my body won't let me.

Reagan shifts next to me and I hope that she's waking up, but after a few seconds of zero movement, I sigh. Maybe this calls for something drastic.

I slide out of bed, walking over to my window where the curtains are still drawn. In one impulsive movement, I open the curtains fully and allow a blinding amount of sunlight into the room. Just as I predicted, it only takes mere seconds before I hear all three of them groan.

"What the fuck?" Devin mumbles in annoyance, rolling over and burying her face in the pillow.

"Wake up."

"Why?" Hadley groans.

"I'm bored."

"Then go hang out with your boyfriend."

"He's not–he's still asleep." I roll my eyes. "You all are."

"And that's a problem, why?" Reagan says from over on the bed.

"I'm bored!"

"And I'm tired!"

"Okay enough. The day is still young and we have One Direction all to ourselves." I say with a scolding tone, and all three of them shut up and give me a look. One that says 'oh shit, I forgot about that, you're so right Brooklyn.' "Uh huh, yeah, up you get."

They all roll over and stretch, sitting up and slowly but surely waking up. I smile, waiting patiently to get a move on.

"I fucking hate that you're an early riser." Hadley rolls her eyes.

"It's hardly early. Who wants breakfast?" I clap my hands with an over-exaggerated smile on my face. Reagan buries her face back in the pillow, Devin rolls her eyes, and Hadley grunts. "Lovely. Well, while you all take ten years to wake up I am going to make myself busy."

"Congrats." Devin mumbles before I'm out of the room and skipping down the hallway to the kitchen and living room.

Hadley is actually right, I am an early riser. My body has never been able to sleep beyond nine o'clock at the latest for my entire life. It doesn't matter how late I go to bed– more often than not I'm forced awake. I don't mind it, mostly because it lets me make the most of every day. Except, there have been a few instances so far this summer, like today, where I've found myself waking up later than normal.