Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

it's you and me, that's my whole world, they whisper in the hallway "she's a bad, bad girl"

HARRY'S POV

"Thank you New York! We are One Direction! Good night!"

And I'm running. 

"Harry, your mic!"

Now I'm not...

...Now I am again.

"Where are the girls?" Niall shouts from behind me as we repeat last night's exit, running through the hallways of backstage to get to the cars waiting to get us out of here.

"I didn't see them in the box when we left so they must be waiting!" Louis responds, the squeaking of our shoes being so loud that it's almost louder than him.

I'm gonna get an asthma attack from this one day, god.

We probably look ridiculous as hell sprinting like we are, but it's necessary, okay? Otherwise we'd be stuck in the mayhem of people trying to leave the parking lot. Which makes me feel bad for the people that actually have to sit in their cars for however long...but I can't say I'd want to do it.

"Oh fuck, my phone is in the green room–" Liam groans, taking a detour down a different hallway but the four of us keep going. Brooklyn has my phone, at least I hope she still does, because I gave it to her before the show for this very reason.

When we reach the doors to the outside, Zayn is the first one to push them open and the rest of us follow. I hear Liam catching up to us and we all frantically split up between the two SUVs parked and running– Niall, Zayn, and me going for the one in front, and Louis and Liam in the one behind. I have no idea who's in which car, but right now that's not the biggest concern.

Zayn opens the back passenger door and flies in, me following him and seeing that my mum is sitting in the front passenger seat, and Gemma, Brooklyn, and Devin are in the back seat. I get squished between Zayn and Niall as Niall slams the door shut and the driver takes off. Niall lets out a loud whoop, probably fueled by adrenaline, making half of us jump in our seats.

"That was the best show to date. I'm not kidding. I've never felt better!" He exclaims loudly, right into my ear.

"We agree." I turn around at Brooke's voice. I immediately take notice of Devin's face, evident that she's been crying and I immediately grow concerned.

"Devin, are you okay?!"

"No." She deadpans, staring at me with a blank face and I look back at Brooklyn.

"She's okay." She mouths at me, but clearly not quietly enough.

"No I am not." Devin says. "I just witnessed– no, you know what, I can't talk about it. This is too much–"

Brooklyn puts her arm around Devin, and I can tell she's totally stifling a laugh and a smile.

"What she's trying to say is that this was the best night of her life and it might take a while to recover."

I want to laugh, but then I would feel terrible because I'm glad she loved the show.

I see Gemma pass Devin a water bottle and I turn back around in my seat, smiling to myself and I can hear Zayn laughing under his breath next to me.