Daylight

don't ask me to sum up how i'm feeling right now because i can't. happy last chapter!?

it's brighter now

NO PERSPECTIVE

JULY 2019

ONE YEAR LATER

"Is your mic good?"

"Yep."

"Okay, we're going to start rolling in a second."

Brooklyn nods.

"Harry, you're good?"

Harry nods.

He looks over to Brooklyn– who, by the way, is nervous– and smiles.

"If you want me to do the talking, I can." He teases.

She rolls her eyes. "I'll be fine. Just don't embarrass me."

"I can't promise that because I know you're going to embarrass me."

Their quiet banter is barely heard by the producer standing next to the camera man, who just so happened to start filming.

"Alright, we're rolling." The producer smiles. Brooklyn and Harry quit laughing, shaping up in front of the camera.

In the midst of the ongoing production of Harry's sophomore album, the idea came up to do a similar documentary like the one from his debut album, Behind The Album. Harry thought about it, ultimately deciding that he thought it was a great idea for a few reasons.

The biggest one was that he would finally have the opportunity to tell a story. He wanted to put it all out there so the public could finally rest, and so he could finally rest. He wanted to tell his and Brooklyn's story– uncut– because it was absolutely vital to this new album. He couldn't talk about a single song without Brooklyn coming up, so he figured he might as well go big or go home, right?

Brooklyn was intimidated by the idea at first, and Harry ultimately left the decision up to her. They both are very private people to begin with, no doubt, so Brooklyn didn't know if putting it all out there was the best idea. She was certainly nervous about the idea of being on camera, so Harry told her he could do it all if that's what would make her feel better. She didn't even have to be in the documentary at all if she didn't want to.

But, she thought about it some more. She realized that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if the public finally had the truth about what's really gone down. Obviously they would keep it general and stay away from personal details, but at least the people would know. And that wasn't a bad idea to her. There seemed to really be no harm in it at all.

She thought it was sweet that Harry wanted to do something like this, because in the past, she was a secret. He wasn't allowed to show her off like he wanted to– although, one time he still did it anyway– so she loved how he wanted her to be a part of it. She knew that he wouldn't be suggesting something this big if it didn't mean a lot to him, so she also knew that this wasn't a light matter for him. He truly just wanted to tell his fans who the woman behind it all is, who also just so happens to be the woman he loves.

So, she figured she could get past the being on camera thing. She knew it would be fine, as long as Harry was next to her. So she told Harry she would do it– the whole nine yards. Harry– excited, giddy, ready– told Jeff that they were going to move forward with it, and a couple weeks later they were securing the date to film their interview portion of the documentary.