right where you left me

did you ever hear about the girl who got frozen?

BROOKLYN'S POV

AUGUST 2015

One Direction announces 18 month hiatus: click here for latest articles.

One Direction is going on a break– what does this mean? Click to learn more.

"Here's your check dear, whenever you're ready."

I look up.

"Thank you."

I look back down at my phone.

One Direction to release a fifth album before 18 month hiatus, following new single 'Drag Me Down'

I pull out my card and stick it in the checkbook, barely glancing at the receipt.

"We're taking a break, but we'll be back." See what One Direction has to say about their just-announced hiatus here.

The waitress comes back around and swipes the check from the table, topping off my water at the same time before heading over to another table.

The diner is sort of quiet tonight, which is great for me because I can actually hear myself think. Sitting in this corner booth by the window and facing the entire floor of the restaurant has given me a golden opportunity to people watch, but with my habit of completely spacing out lately, I've gotten some weird looks. And I'm pretty sure I knew a couple of the people.

My bad.

I've been so wrapped up in the infamous announcement today and overthinking what it could possibly mean that I've barely been zoned into what's actually going on around me. It took my mom three tries this morning to say good morning to me and I overfilled four people's coffee earlier. My hand still hurts.

It's weird to think about this 'hiatus' actually happening. I've only known them when they were in the band, not when they weren't in the band, so it's hard to wrap my head around. Either way, it's not like I've spoken to any of them recently so I can't really do much to find out more about it even if I wanted to.

I haven't spoken to Harry since I left Los Angeles back in May, after our long and much needed conversation that cleared the air and established what I feel is a happy medium with 'us.'

In conclusion, it's not up to us right now. Until it is, I'm left to my own devices to decipher articles, tweets, and posts. I can't blame people who ask me if I know anything, because I used to be the person who did know and would happily tell them.

Above all, everything aside, I can't help but feel relieved for the boys. I know them and their lives enough to know that this is necessary and the number one thing they need after all these years. I feel better knowing that they're doing this. I'm less worried all the time.

"You're all set. Have a great night."

"Thank you." I repeat again, taking my card back from the checkbook as the waitress leaves again.

I take one last sip of water before I slide out of the booth and make my way towards the door, stepping out into the very warm and humid air that Westlake holds onto so proudly all summer long. The breeze makes it more bearable, and the fact that it was chilly in the diner.

Red Volkswagen || h.s.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara