Everything Has Changed

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

I just wanna know you better

❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀◦❀

TWO WEEKS LATER

BROOKLYN'S POV

"Louis, don't get your fingers all over the vinyls unless you're gonna use them. Harry tell him– put the goddamn chair on the floor."

I am genuinely at the end of my rope and it is not even noon and it is all because I am babysitting five fucking toddlers who are all on sugar highs and have similar qualities to that of a drunk teenager.

"If you break it you're buying it!"

"Do I need to intervene?" Stevie comes up behind me at the counter and I look back at her, watching as she schemes how to contain the boys in one go.

"It would probably be the safest bet." I understate sarcastically. "If not I'm afraid someone's gonna get a concussion and you'll be shopping for new furniture."

"Hmm." She hums, placing her hands on her hips like she means business. "Excuse me!" She shouts, making all five boys freeze and look at her like a group of students looking at their teacher. "Seeing as you all have energy this fine morning, I'm happy to put your very capable hands to work. Come help me in the kitchen with my croissants."

None of them move, and all of them flick their eyes to me like they're waiting to see if she's serious or not.

"You heard the woman." I say, turning back around and continuing what I was doing before they started to throw things. I hear them move, probably intimidated by Stevie's gaze and serious tone.

"Do you think we'll get to eat them?"

"I've no bloody idea how to make a croissant..."

I hear Niall and Zayn mumbling behind me and I chuckle. Little do they know that Stevie is hardly intimidating and is probably going to throw flour on them at some point.

I go to turn around again, but Harry's standing right behind me, preventing me from doing so and I almost spill the drink I'm holding.

"One of these days I'm not gonna catch myself in time and you're gonna have coffee all over your shirt." I sigh, stepping around him.

"Good thing I have extras." I hear him smirk, and he wraps his tanned arms around my waist from behind.

"Go bake with Stevie." I roll my eyes. 

"Mmm, I think she'll manage without me. Plus, with the rarity that we get a moment to ourselves these days, I don't get to do this as much as I want to."

He places his hands on my waist and turns me around, crashing his lips to mine so deeply that my back is forced to arch against the counter. It takes me by surprise, but my eyes snap shut and I don't protest. Then I get paranoid that somebody is going to walk into the cafe and I don't let it last as long as I want it to.

"You're making excuses."

"Is it working?"

"I think you should let me do my job."

"So it is working and you just don't want to admit it."

"Why won't you just–"

"Why won't you just kiss me?" He smirks.