Afterglow

I don't wanna lose this with you

HARRY'S POV

I truly think that the past few hours have been the most excruciating of my life, seeing as I've done nothing but twiddle my thumbs while waiting for Brooke to be done with work. I've killed the time trying to get my thoughts in order– which I think I've been successful at, but there's only a certain amount of organizing I can do. Part of me will never get over this. The fact that she's here, with me, and I have absolutely no plans to let her go again.

Last night, I didn't really think twice about calling her after I got home because the adrenaline coursing through me wouldn't have allowed me to do anything else. I wasn't particularly nervous about it. I just had to make sure I didn't completely imagine the run in we had earlier that night. And I needed to hear her voice. The single word she spoke to me needed to become a thousand words.

It's tough to say I wasn't thrown off after running into her before the show, because she was in fact the only thing I could think about for the entire night. Knowing she was up there in her seat while I was down on the floor trying to act none the wiser was, in a word, difficult. Jeff sensed my shock but I brushed it off as nerves.

When I went up to give my thank you speech after winning Record of the Year, I'm pretty sure my eyes were up on the mezzanine the whole time. I'll have to watch that video back to see. I know I was looking for her, but I never was able to see her. So I stuttered my way through several thank you's, left the stage, and hoped I didn't just embarrass myself into oblivion.

There was no chance of me catching her after the show because I was immediately pulled to change and then go to the afterparty, where I had plenty of people talking to me so I was momentarily distracted. Then I got home, and well, the rest is self-explanatory.

Yes, I one hundred percent dropped her off at work so I could pick her up and take her right back to my house. I still want to talk to her about everything under the sun, everything I may have missed, and I in turn have so much to tell her. I want to talk until I lose my voice and words don't sound like they have meaning anymore. I want to listen to her talk and laugh and see her smile and frown because I have three years to make up for.

Although, seeing as I'll have a lifetime to make up for those three years, I won't rush.

She texted me a few minutes ago saying she'll be done in about fifteen minutes, but what she doesn't know is that I've been sitting here in the parking lot of the rescue center for almost an hour because I didn't know what the hell to do other than this.

I told Jeff I would not be making it to the meeting we had scheduled today for obvious reasons, and he teased me about it for as long as he wanted to. I let him, because he was right. So I wandered around after I came back home after dropping her off, and now I'm back here.

Brooke told me to go past the entrance for the main aquarium parking lot and turn down the next alley way that's hard to miss– she wasn't lying– and follow it to a back parking lot of the rescue center. She wasn't kidding when she said the two buildings were connected, this lot is huge. She said I could come in if I wanted to when I got here, but I don't want to disrupt anything.

This morning– it was funny– after I selfishly told her to stay and use my stuff to get ready for work, she ended up safety pinning a pair of my shorts so they would actually fit her and choosing a t-shirt, warning me that it'll smell like fish by the end of the day. She said I'm lucky she doesn't interact with a lot of people or else there's no way she could show up in that.