Chapter 5 - A New Friend?

A.N>Warning. This made me cry while writing it and when I sent it to my friend, she cried too! Goodluck! :L :)

Chapter 5 – A New Friend?

The Parallel Universe Doctor's P.O.V.

"Well. My life started with a Rose." I smiled.

"Rose? Is she your girlfriend?" Maddy asked, through the dried up tears.

"She's my wife. Was my wife." I whispered, looking down to the floor.

"Oh. What happened to her?"

"I lost her. She....died. Her whole family did. It was my fault" I admitted, as my eyes began to well up.

"I doubt it was, Doctor."

"No, it was. I introduced Rose to a life of aliens a long time ago. But this time I couldn't save her. I couldn't save any of them." I sobbed, thinking of Rose.

"What happened? Tell me everything. I'm a good listener." Maddy smiled, placing her hand on mine.

"I was born out of a hand. It was to do with a girl named Donna. She was an old companion of the real me. She was brilliant. Something was converging our time lines and she soon got trapped in the TARDIS. She touched the spare hand of the real me and I grew out of it. A meta-crisis Doctor." I explained, giving her a confused look a weak smile.

"You grew out of The real Doctor's 'spare' hand?"

"Yeah."

"My god, that's a weird start to a story." She muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Tell me about it. Anyway, The Doctor bought Rose back here to the Parallel Universe, but left me here too. As a sort of replacement. I loved the idea. Because I was part human, it meant I could grow old with Rose. A proper adventure the real me could never have. A real life." I continued.

"What I'd do for a real life." Maddy admitted.

"It's not all it's cracked up to be. Sure I was with the ones I loved, but I'm still part of The Doctor. I wanted to travel the stars. Rose did too. I'm kind of connected to the real Doctor, so I can feel the way he does when he travels the universe." I explained.

"You're connected to The Doctor? Can't you tell him I'm here somehow?" She asked, looking hopeful.

"I'm sorry, Maddy. But no. It's just our feelings that are connected. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Stupid me for getting my hopes up." She said, smiling weakly.

"Don't be like that. You'll get back. I promised, didn't I?"

"Whatever. So, what happened with Rose?" She asked, changing the subject back to me.

"Oh yeah. I stayed here with Rose and her family. We lived in Pete, Rose's dad, and Jackie's, Rose's mum, mansion, with her little brother Tony. Me and Rose worked for Pete at Torchwood. Torchwood works around aliens, so it was good to have a little adventure. So it was just me, Rose, Pete, Jackie and Tony. Until 7 months ago."

"What happened?" Maddy inquired, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I woke up to Rose being sick in the bathroom. I knew it wasn't normal, as we had been given injections at work to stop us getting ill. I checked if she was okay and that's when I found out she was pregnant. I was going to be a dad. Jackie found out and insisted we got married. Rose didn't fancy a big do, so we popped off down to the registry office and got hitched. Mr and Mrs Doctor Smith."

"Doctor Smith?" She laughed.

"Yeah, I don't have a last name, so we chose Smith. We were doing okay. We had just brought a little flat, down the road from here actually. We found out we were having a little girl. We painted her room pink and decided to call her Donna Jackie Smith. Donna because she's the reason I'm here and Jackie, after Rose's mum. Everything was so perfect." I smiled, as tear snaked down my cheek.