Chapter 34

Theo came to pick me up on time to head over to Angela's place. I had refused to leave the pen and paper at home and even pulled out the hidden pages of the nightmare fuel that is Bella's transformation out if it's hiding spot and shoved them in with the bag i was now thinking I should carry everywhere on my person. Edward might agree to no eavesdropping but that didn't mean i trusted him to not break and enter into my house. 

The mistrust still so clear between us. He could whisper words of love, promises and trust all he wanted. I didn't believe most of it. I didn't have to really. I just believed the story. The concrete path and that was enough for me but i understood it wasn't enough for him. He could read it and understand but it wasn't his reality. Not yet. And Alice's visions held more weight of truth to him than notes on a piece of paper did. 

I knocked on the door and to my surprise Ben answered it.

"Hey Bella." He greeted and with wide eyes turned to Theo, "Hey Theo! What's up man?" Ben took Theo's hand into his and pulled him into a half hug. The moment left me stupified for a moment before i just chalked it off to lost time as Bella. Theo grinned at Ben hardly flinching when a car honked behind us, "you never said you were visiting?" Ben said accusingly while looking at Theo then at Austin who came to pick Ben up.

"Last second decisions." Theo said. "We should hang out soon. Maybe Seattle?"

Ben's face paled, "haven't you heard. There's a lot of killing happening there. No one's taking a single step into Seattle until that's settled." Another honk of the car pulled him away, "anyway you should stop by school for a while to say hi! See ya guys. Bye Ange! Love you!" He shouted entering the car as Angela appeared by the door to wave him off.

She grinned up at Theo, "this is a pleasant surprise!" She gave him a hug and then she gave me one too, "I wished i didn't have to put you to work on your visit though."

Theo gave her a genuine smile that felt like one a business man ready to con you would give. It didn't help that he decided to wear a casual black suit today. "I don't mind Angela. It's good to see friends."

Angie smiled, "thank you both for coming. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart. Not only are you saving my hands from permanent injury, you also just spared me two long hours of a plot-less, badly dubbed martial arts film."

"Happy to be of service," Theo responded and I shook my head.

"Martial arts within itself is an art form." I defended, "badly dubbed is hilarious to watch and if you pay close attention to the choreography and the cinematography you'd find the filming to be very pleasant."

Angie paused, "didn't take you to be into martial arts film Bella. Maybe we should have movie night and watch some. I'm sure Ben would like someone he could talk to about it."

Theo muttered under his breathe out of range of Angie's hearing, "yeah, it doesn't sound like Bella at all. Almost like you're another person." I elbowed him both of us chuckling to ourselves a bit.

"Where's your family?" Theo asked. Small talk. I hate small talk.

"My parents took the twins to a birthday party in Port Angeles. I can't believe you both are really going to help me with this. Ben is pretending he has tendonitis."

"Not a problem at all." I said and glared down the mountains of envelopes that was awaiting us. I spoke to soon. I grinned and Angie, "this is nothing. I once wrote a story that was three notebooks long and rewrote the sucker four different times before deciding the original was the superior version... this," i gestured to the envelopes, "child's play."

She beamed up at me brilliantly, "thank you guys so much!"

Theo laughed, "you know, i think i might be getting tendonitis too." He joked but took his seat and grabbed an envelope. "Alright boss, what do we write out?"