Chapter 79

Jacob had come the next morning to pick us up. He squatted down on all fours and Augustus jumped up without much issues. I lifted Charlie up onto his lap and he lifted me up to sit behind him. I wrapped my arms around the both and squeezed my legs to make sure i wouldn't fall off. Jake bounded into the woods my hair whipped behind me and Augie's hair whipped my face. He laughed and hooted out into the crisp morning air, enjoying his first time riding a wolf.

There was really no need to have gone to the cottage last night other than to show me where I'd be spending most of my time these coming weeks. It wasn't that far by vampire and wolf speed but it was too far for me to get to alone. Which meant I'd be having to ride Jacob for the weeks to come or I'd need to ask different vampires for a lift.

Bella wasn't next to Edward to my surprise. She was off to the side talking with Grace as Grace was correcting her fighting stances. She was probably in a rush to learn it all.

Jacob came to a stop and leaned down. Edward got Charlotte. Theo helped me down and Augie was helped by Fred, that i had forgotten had stayed behind. He had probably went to hide in some quiet corner to sit in with everything that was going on yesterday. I felt a little apologetic that there was more chaotic days to come.

"Tanya shouldn't be too much longer," Edward said already going into the house. That said a lot about his stress level. Always so worried, baby boy, chill. He frowned. "We need to be ready."

Grace touched my arm carefully. I jumped and turned to her. Bella had gone to walk with Ed. 

"Where's Simon?" I asked.

"Asleep in the attic," Grace answered and walked with me. I wanted him with me.

"How's Bella picking things up?"

"She's eager. Not patient enough in the slightest. No talent in fighting but we'll get there. Once she gets the basics down... hopefully things will be easier."

Bella was asking if Jake should be outside at first and then be brought inside or if it would be less of a surprise to have him here already in human form. Then she wondered if Char should be out of sight first or out in the open.

Theo took my hand and sat me on the couch. Augie naturally took a seat next to me. Edward came over and handed me Charlotte. He was going to be negotiating so he didn't want to hold Charlotte since the guest would see him first. Bella was too nervous to hold her and Jake wanted to have space in case he needed to shift since he had planned to stay as close to Char as possible.

I took a deep breath and squeezed her a little. 

"Things will go well," i assured the room.

Theo stood behind the couch and Grace stood in front of me just in case. Edward leaned motionless against the back window wall looking at the front door. As if they would be walking in at any second.  

Bella had walked around the corner to the dining room her nerves getting the best of her. Bella wasn't hard to figure out. She might be a vampire but she was a newborn and didn't know how to fight. One night with Grace and Ed wouldn't change that.

"Calmado Edward. Mi chiquitin," I murmured. "Everything is good. It's all fine. Trust me."

Edward looked at me and nodded. I know he believed me but same as before he was still worried. I sighed and focused on Charlotte. She was sitting facing me and burying herself into the crook of my neck. No images coming to me. She was probably a mixture of fear, nerves and doubt. I couldn't do much about how she felt. I hummed to her for a while. Thinking of things I had wanted to do once I had a child. I wanted to dress them up, every Halloween in cute family costumes. Team Rocket was one. Ghost busters another, oh! If I dressed her up like Sakura from Card captors... that'll be adorable. With my appearance being what it is now I could be Yue. Edward could be Kero...