Chapter 127

Theo had us on his back running towards the location he did know. Somewhere deeper into the forests. We had no idea where geographically the cottage was. Only that it was a short ish vampire run from the Studio (aka ye ol Cullen House).

"Hello," Grace talked into the phone. Theo had been unable to answer his since he was carrying us. Oliver must have called Grace after so many missed calls. "Oh, yeah. We're going to find them now. Can't wait for your reinforcements," she told him. "Yep. Do or die. Don't be too sad when we kick the bucket, alright?"

She hung up.

"Wrong number," she shouted to us.

Ten minutes of running and Theo stopped. We recognized the field. It was impossible to forget the area where we died.

That isn't a memory we'd ever forget. One because we killed us and two because it was our first time experience what would have been a permanent death. Dying as a human is certainly not a pleasant experience but it was an experience all the same.

"Now what?"

Grace stood in front of us and stared straight into our eyes. "Mari. We're going to do this a little differently okay."

We smiled. "Why are you speaking to us as if we're a child?"

"We're going to approach this a little differently, okay. We are not going to kill the enemy," she said with difficulty. She definitely wanted to kill them. Her demand was lost on us since it contradicted her emotions. "Instead, we're going to find them just to make sure that they won't hurt anyone else."

"Oliver's calling again," Theo muttered checking his phone really fast before he decided to put it on silent.

"We're going to protect the people we have left," she said. "In order to do that, we need to find them before they come to us. So, find the enemy," She demanded.

We've had a few moments of successful demands. Most of them simple things that we would be able to do even if we didn't have the brothers inside of us. Besides being unable to say no to these simple things nothing about it felt particularly magically forced.

Now, the shove which we were accustomed to feeling whenever she asked us to find the enemy was suddenly a rope around our neck. There was no need to try to grasp the demand. We were going to do it whether we wanted to or not.

We chuckled at what a few changes in intention and wording could alter the feeling of the demand. Grace had worked out that our ability worked perfectly fine when we were doing things that wouldn't go against what the brothers were always meant to do. Wanting to find the enemy to kill them wasn't something that was in our power currently.

Anything that harmed others were not allowed for us.

We held on to that rope which tightened itself around our neck the longer we took to get the job done. Theo hoisted us onto his back making sure we hadn't slipped down and we were comfortable.

We gagged as the rope tightened again. We were taking a while to try to understand what we were feeling. There was the annoying urgency to accomplish her request but that urgency took away our attention to what was happening in our periphery vision. 

We reluctantly took off the glasses we were growing fond of to see what was happening in the world around us.

The smear paining was shifting and turning and rotating. It was enough to make us nauseous but we couldn't take the time to feel sick. No, we had to hurry before the demand began to quite literally feel as if it would suffocate us.

We weren't fucking kidding when we said demands are shit. We don't like it. We don't like it.

Then we found it. One color popping louder than the other. Like a trail for us to follow.