Ch. 3 - Katherine

Fuck

I really thought I had him there, both impressed and a little offended at his self-control. It was hard to feel too rejected though when I could clearly recall the feel of his rock-hard cock through his jeans. The issue definitely wasn't me.

But now he had the floor, he'd set a new precedent, and I was stuck trying to regain the advantage from a foot away without initiating any touching. It wasn't impossible – the first few months I 'danced' I didn't allow touching. I wasn't used to it – I hadn't even dated before I got this job, let alone touched someone or been touched in a sexual way. I was a virgin when I started stripping for crying out loud! 

If an inexperienced virgin could make money without being touched by a man, then surely I could get Victor Delaney to cave in without touching him.

"What's your name?" His low voice sounded out at my side, drawing my attention back to him. The earnest curiosity on his face surprised me - my name was never really important with customers, if they thought to use anything other than 'Kitten' in the first place.

He had no idea how difficult that question was to answer; even without considering every safety measure Elle had instilled in me to never ever give out my full name to clients, he already knew full well who I was. Not that he was aware of it.

Leaning my cheek against the cushions and exposing more of my shoulder and neck with the motion, I schooled my expression into a little smile. "'Kitten' – I really thought you already knew," I added teasingly, hoping he wouldn't push it as he tangled one hand into his soft mahogany locks. "I'm a little disappointed, Victor."

"Not your stage name," he rasped, looking exhausted just from sitting there as he occupied his hands with his hair or his clothes alternately.

I bit my lip out of habit, reminded to stay in character at the strained groan that escaped him in response. Such honest reactions... he would be fun to play with, to see just how much I could make him feel for me. 

Before dropping him, of course.

Using my hesitance to my advantage, I looked down at my knees, playing coy as I deliberately fiddled with the end of my robe, causing it to rise higher on my thighs. "You'll laugh," I murmured, needing to contain my victorious grin when he touched his fingertips to my knee. I'll be in his lap in a few minutes.

"I won't laugh," he reassured, leaning closer than before when I met his eyes again. They really were incredibly memorable – would I have recognized him without them? He'd definitely grown – even when we were standing, and I was in four-inch heels, he was taller. A far cry from the curly haired boy with eyes like the sea... who had coined the scornful nickname Katezilla.

Quirking my brows up as if in apology, I gave him my best bashful smile. "It's Kat..." I mumbled, glancing away as if it were embarrassing. I certainly wasn't going to use my full name, or the nicknames I'd been given in school. Kate, Katie, and Katherine might raise too much suspicion. 

Even if they didn't, Miss Elle made it very clear not to trust customers with my full name.

His own brows furrowed in confusion. "So, your name is Kat... and your stage name is Kitten?" he asked incredulously. I bit my lip as I nodded, looking down at his hand on my knee. "That's... accurate, I guess?"

I actually laughed at his attempt to lighten the mood, lifting a hand to hide the expression somewhat. Even after all this time, I didn't like people seeing my real smile. "I told you... and it is kinda funny," I teased, smile widening as he squeezed my knee in comfort.