Ch. 23 - Katherine

No theme song this week, but I do have a challenge for you, dear reader. See if you can find the references I've sprinkled throughout this chapter... and enjoy <3

---

"I'll know if you open those," I hummed, clipping Victor in again as the time to start my shift grew closer. I hadn't expected he'd be so into bondage, though he had been particularly interested when I first mentioned the handcuffs to him.

He seemed to be just as glad to be clipped up as he had been at the idea of having me in cuffs; unusual, but I wasn't going to complain. It was a blessing to not have every session be the same, pressing my lips to his in parting.

"Wouldn't dream of it," he replied against my lips, tempting me to stick around and soak up his warmth for a little longer. "Just... don't let anyone in here. I don't want Ethan to see this."

Why would Ethan come in here if I was on the floor? Quickly dismissing it, I nodded with a little smile. "I'll stash the key in my dresser – if I tell him not to come in, he won't be able to resist."

Victor chuckled as I pulled away, my gaze lingering on his toned form appreciatively. If he were anyone other than him, Victor would have made for a fun client to work with.

He really was quite exposed though, feeling a touch of concern as I pulled my robe on. "Do you want me to pull the sheets up or something? Need water before I go?"

"You're taking awfully good care of someone you're punishing," he teased as I clicked my collar in place, amazed at how quickly he'd forgotten about the phone call. Or forgiven it at least, to think I was going easy on him.

Tugging the top sheet up to his waist, I took the chance to linger over his torso, grinning as his muscles tensed and flexed under my touch. "Aftercare is very important," I returned easily, reflecting back on my initial lessons on everything a client might want in the rooms. I'd experienced enough roughness as a submissive to think of the comfort needed after.

Of course, I hadn't always had the luxury of aftercare. There were still clients to please after all. Only at the end of some of my earliest shifts, when I would doubt if I could handle this job, would Elle or Ethan take me back to a room and care for me. But I hadn't needed that in years.

"I'll be back in an hour – don't move," I teased, smile widening as he jingled his shackles in response before I slipped out the door.

Grinning at Ethan on the way backstage, I wondered again why Victor assumed Ethan would come in while I was working the floor. We had other bouncers, but Ethan was mine; there wasn't much point in him leaving me to the wolves so he could chit-chat with Victor.

It was probably just the vulnerable position I'd left him in, smiling to myself at how seriously he'd taken his 'imprisonment'. I'm surprised he didn't use the quick release at all – he'd even questioned me taking them off just to watch the movie, having seemed much more comfortable after I clipped him around me. We'd have to take them out again sometime... if he kept coming back.

Getting my tail in place and making sure my makeup wasn't smudged from our activities, I tried to put Victor's looming departure out of my mind as the purring drumbeat of my intro started to play. Focus on your other customers, it's only for an hour.

It was another slow Monday, dancing for the regulars and lamenting the absence of two faces I'd become so fond of lately. I had let Dan and Joel know I would be booked most of Monday, and likely off on Tuesday, but I still missed them as I finished my routine with a few blue, purple, and green bills tucked into my collar.