Ch. 18 - Victor

Where is she going?!

Sure, I hadn't been expecting the warmest welcome. But for Kat to not even look at me, then go to that asshole who'd been so dead set on not fucking her and climbing into his lap like it was the most natural thing in the world...

And she stayed there when the other guy left, letting him run his hands all over her as the redhead – Dean? Don? – headed to the backstage door I'd visited so often before. Knowing what he was going there for had my blood boiling.

I thought I would at least be able to talk to her, apologize, but then she left with them! Didn't leave their presence once as they headed to the private rooms, not even to change out of her 'uniform'. I had to hold myself back from storming after them, gritting my teeth at the hold Dan had around her waist.

Not wanting to make a scene – well, frankly I wanted to, but it wouldn't be helpful right now – I tried to let my breathing even out as I caught sight of Ethan. He'd made it clear before that, while he didn't want to, he would kick me out if he had to. So, instead of racing after them, I strode purposefully towards Elle's door and knocked.

Her familiar office of red and black felt uncomfortably sinister as I made my way in; the small woman who was focused on her computer screen seemed more intimidating than Ethan's towering form had ever been. She took her time to meet my gaze, purposefully lingering over something on her monitor before turning her attention away from it.

"Ah, Mister Delaney, welcome back. Things not going well with the missus?"

I flinched under her frosty gaze, looking away as she hit a sore spot. Mara was no 'missus', we weren't married yet, but with the combination of wedding plans I had no interest in and – to be blunt – difficulty being intimate with her since I was last with Kat, 'not going well' was an understatement.

Our sex life had never been particularly spicy, but it had been regular at least; after my experience with Kat though, I just... couldn't perform for Mara.

"When's Kitten available?" I asked, skipping over her question to get straight to the point. Elle didn't need to know my personal business in order to do hers.

She huffed, tossing blonde curls over her shoulders and making a show of checking her computer. "Not for another hour at least. There's no telling how long her current appointment will go."

No telling? I remembered then, how my first meeting with Kat had gone. How John and Adam had handed me some cash in case I wanted extra time.

How long would those perverts keep her?

"I want the rest of her shift when she's done," I stated tersely, trying not to look as irritated as I felt as she leisurely flipped through a small booklet at her side.

"You know the rules, it's her choice whether she wants to go to a room or not," she pointed out, feeling a stab in my chest at the thought that, not only had Kat willingly gone with them, but she probably didn't want to see me.

I had to talk to her though. See her, hold her, fix this rift that I'd been avoiding like a damn coward for the past month. Glancing at the clock, it would be 11pm before she was finished... at the earliest. That left me with 3 hours to try and do damage control. "I'll pay double," I tossed out quickly, frowning when Elle raised a brow, as though bored with the offer.

"She's making double right now," she countered, my blood running cold. Kat really was... with both of them.

"Triple."

The reply was so automatic it even surprised me, noting how Elle's cool blue eyes widened slightly before narrowing. "I'll give her the offer when she's finished up, but I can't guarantee anything for you," she conceded, scrawling something in her notebook before grabbing a key from her desk and turning back to her screen. "She'll need to freshen up if she goes to see you, but you'll be paying the full 3 hours. You can wait on the floor or in Room 4 until she's made her decision."