Chapter 5 - reckless bastards.

"I was just discussing with Y/n here about if either of you would be willing to be an interim for the mana manipulation class."

She's met with silence from Arthur, and you open the window to let Fifi in.

Why did you call me Fifi?

You like the name Helios better???

"Is someone behind me?" The boy turns around, and you hold back your laughter.

"What exactly did Feyfey tell you for things to come to this?" You turn around to stare at the professor.

"On a nickname basis with the boy?" The professor raises a brow at you.

"Well, I heard the disciplinary committee call him that..." You trail off. "But regardless!"

"Is it even possible for a student to be a professor?"

"Is it allowed? Yes, as long as I say it is." The professor smiles. "There have been cases of highly qualified upperclassmen teaching basic courses. You aren't that special, my dear."

You choke.

"Ah, what about the professor?"

"We've dismissed him from the academy already," The director smiles. "I launched an investigation as soon as I heard, and with Feyrith's help, Geist had no room to defend himself."

You hum.

"In any case, I still don't understand why you're doing this, director." Arthur speaks up.

"Because a spot opened up, and I want one of you to fill it in." She shrugs. "I have no ulterior motive this time. I believe it would be a good opportunity to build you two's reputation without having to go around winning over my professors. You've been shoved into the spotlight to some extent already, but if I say I deliberately placed you there, then there would be no argument."

"People are bound to complain."

"They may complain, but I am the director, and it's a better solution than cancelling the class." The director smiles. "It's your choice, but wouldn't it be a better use of your time than sitting in a class the two of you are clearly overqualified for?"

You turn around, and for a brief second, Arthur swears he sees purple in your eyes.

"So, either of us?"

You put your hands up in surrender. "Not me."

"Fine," Arthur looks at the director in the eyes. "I'll give it a shot."

"I'm sure you'll do an excellent job."

You crank open the window and wink at Arthur.

"See you later, director!" You jump out, and you start flying.

"What a peculiar student..." Arthur mumbles.

"I'd say, keep on their good side," The director sighs with a smile. "There's no telling what deviant they'll unlock next."

"Deviant?"

"Can you tell what their core is?" The director turns her head to look at Arthur.

"I... there's no..." Arthur mumbles.

"There is," She smiles. "They've just hidden it, you'll see."

"What's our next class?" You stop at a tree, and Helios stares at his watch.

"I can't read it."

"Team-fighting mechanics one," You read. "Oh, I'm alone for that class. Also, isn't it time to eat?"