Chapter 15 - another one bites the dust

"A DIETY?!"

"I thought I was higher up that that???" You raise a brow.

"You are what the Asuras would call a diety." Windsom repeats. 

"eXCUSE ME?!"

You throw up a peace sign. "Surprise!"

"You're a diety???" Arthur raises a brow.

"And Helios is a Phoenix!" You beam. "Fifi!"

Helios appears next to you. "You called?"

The royals take a breather and come to terms with the new information.

Parents are dead.

My biological ones?

Yes.

You smirk to yourself.

"Shall we have some tea?" You grin. The royals sweat at your offer, and you snap your fingers.

"Y/n, I mean Y-your majesty-"

"Y/n is fine," You huff.

"Since we have seen the ability of you all, how come you can't simply go to the Continent of Alacrya and defeat the Vitra?"

You pause.

"While Y/n could, we can not." Aldir answers. "We Asuras and the Vitra Clan agreed upon a treaty where no higher beings can directly attack one another or interfere with the lesser beings."

"Dude, you literally killed a king and queen???" You blink at Aldir and hold your cup of tea to your mouth.

"I was simply evening out the playing field."

"Does that mean I could technically annihilate the Vitras?"

"It is an option, yes." Aldir answers.

"I can see you getting ticked off," You purse your lips in amusement. "I'll be quiet."

He sighs. "Not quite."

"Then, if the contract exists," You cover your mouth to hide that broad smile of yours. "How come there are monsters here?"

"Exactly. What about the black-horned demons that have been invading out land for years? One was even responsible for killing a lance!" Arthur adds on.

"The owner of this fragment?" Director Goodsky holds up the black fragment of the horned being that almost killed Alea.

"Those are not Asuras then." You stare at the black fragment. "Asuras don't have pitch-black fragments. Are those...?"

"Those are the lesser beings that were stolen and then experimented on." Aldir confirms, his words bitter and disgusted. "They escaped back here to wreck havoc."

You feel a migraine creeping up your back. 

"So there are monsters that are not Asuras that are capable of destroying the strongest mages in our continent? Is it even possible to win?" Merial Aludin, the Elf Queen, asks. 

"Yes, but they are limited and Argona's precious trump card in the war." Aldir responds. "Now that he knows of my presence, he will not dispatch them so recklessly as before."

You stand up to stretch your body. "About time?"

"Yes." Windsom stands up.

"I'll take care of the rest," Aldir nods.

"See you later, gramps!" You grin at the Asura, and you disappear with Arthur and Windsom.

-...ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ-

"So... what are we doing again?"

"Does this path not look familiar?" You raise a brow at Arthur.

"It's..."

You whine, "I'm leaving! Windsom, you take Arthur! I want to sleep!!"

Arthur watches, eyes wide with confusion, as you disappear from his vision.

"Did they just?"

"Yeah," Windsom continues walking. "They'll meet up with us before we warp."

"Are they going to meet my parents?"

He got his answer.

Arthur stares at the sight before him.

"I..."

"Art, love! Why didn't you tell us you had such an interesting friend?"

He notices that your eyes are back to their regular shade.

"Hey, Arthur!" You beam. "Your family is lovely! I wish I was a part of it-"

"WE'LL ADOPT YOU!!"

"YES!!"

You gasp. "WITH PLEASURE-"

"Mom... Dad... I... can I talk with you two?" Arthur mumbles.

You let go of his parents, and you wave goodbye.

"Windsom." You walk up to him. "I'm going back after this."

"Back?"

"I'm too tired to do all of the training with the boy." You yawn. 

"Tired?"

"I'm returning to my throne." You blink at him. "Mom and dad are dead."

"Dead?" Windsom looks baffled.

"Yeah," You grin. "Which means I can go back."

"What about the curse?"

"To die for the world?" You raise a brow.

"To seal the disaster coming."

"Well," You stare at Arthur coming out, holding back his tears. "I think I understand a little more about being human. And,"

Arthur is getting closer.

"Maybe I did meet someone I would die for." You pause. "Or... someone I would catch a grenade for."

"When will we meet again?" Windsom stares at you.

"During the war," You grin. "I'll be someone else by then."

"Someone else?" Arthur stares at you.

"I'm going to stay in Dicathen," You smile. "And I'm erasing my old self from everyone's minds. I'm going to speedrun med school."

Arthur stares at you. "You're not joining me?"

You stare at him, your eyes shimmering. 

"I'll join you in the war." You grin. "Stay safe."

Windsom disappears with Arthur.

The last thing the boy sees are those starry eyes of yours.