DESPICABLE ME : TWO

*DESPICABLE ME*
*TWO*

Bismillaah

*RAHMATA*

(Please don't mind Rahmata and her way of talking😂,this girl has anger issues)

"Hello...Taayratu,open this door!" I ignored the irritating landlady as she banged the door with all her might.
I thought she would leave if no answer came through but I was mistaken,what a greedy old woman!

I vigorously pulled the door making the woman lose her balance and fall down,she was obviously leaning on the door.

"You mannerless child!" She sweared.

"If not for your age..." I purposely trailed off and rolled my eyes. "Look old woman,I am grieving the death of my mother and I don't want any trouble on top of that" I was about to close the door on her when she started shouting.

"Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilaihi Raaji'un...you mean Taayratu is dead?" I resisted the urge to give her a sarcastic reply.

"My mother's name is Taheera,I wonder who is Taayratu" I laid emphasis on the name.

"May Allah's mercy be upon her" I mumbled an Ameen to that. "Nonetheless,I am here to tell you that this house is sold. Your mother refused to pay the rent for last month so I sold it out. Leave, latest tomorrow!" I knew she had no good news to offer.

"Wicked woman!" I muttered underneath my breath.

I went back inside and pondered on what she just said.

"We are in trouble Mukhtaar" I talked to my innocent baby "where should we go?" I asked as if he would ever answer me. I thought for about five minutes but the only place that came to my mind was my Aunty's. I despise that woman! She is two-faced. I am left with no option than to give it a try.

"We'll go to Aunt Yusrah's,tomorrow inn shaa Allah. Ok baby?" I nodded on his behalf.

----

The sun shone directly on my face and brought a stop to my sleep. I didn't realise how I fell asleep after fajr. Mukhtaar was still sleeping on the bed. I am glad he was not a child who cries a lot,he only cries when hungry. I picked him up from the bed and rubbed his head with the morning dua. I don't know if that was the right way to do it but I couldn't just neglect it.

"Wake up your Majesty,it's time to take a bath" I sang.

I brought out his pan and poured hot water into it. I added a little bit of cold water to keep the temperature at equilibrium. I gently removed baby Mukhtaar from his clothes and held him tightly with my left hand. I used my right hand to take water from the pan and pour it on him. He whimpered softly from the first touch of the water on his body but kept quiet again. I used his bathing-sponge and gently scrubbed his body. I paid special attention to his short neck and washed it thoroughly. His body was now smelling fresh. I brought out his clean clothes,got him completely covered and placed him back on the bed.

I cleaned his previous clothes before they'd skip my mind later on.

"What next?" I asked myself..."breakfast for Mukhtaar!"

I went to the kitchen and prepared pap quickly,not forgetting to add a lot of milk.

"Breakfast is done,Your Majesty" I bowed a little and placed the bowl on the nightstand. I gently placed him on my laps and began feeding him. He fell as sleep as soon as I was done. I took that as my cue to pack our belongings.

I tied Mukhtaar on my back and carried a bag in my left hand,another in my right hand and a pan with other necessities tied together,resting on my head. I walked out and dropped the bags to the floor in order to close the door.